badbob099

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:i like to sim race
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 30 2019 - 05:08 PM

Yes I know what your thinking.... wHy dO YoU WaNnA cHeAt? JuSt pLaY tHe gAmE!?!?
All jokes aside I was wondering if there was any hack or .ini change that could allow me to be on pole or any position i want without having to spend hours trying to get the best time when i just wanna run the race. its mostly from tracks like Targa or IOM that would be impossible to run a lap in the time it takes to cover the opening lap for pratice.

THX,

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,388 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 30 2019 - 08:34 PM

What you want is the SVG editor by Chris Eichler (from way back in 1999) at http://srmz.net/inde...h=1

But it looks like it might only work with the original 67 cars.

Unless Lee has made and improved one. (nope)

#3 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 31 2019 - 01:36 AM

Check track.ini for grid positions. In case of full grid, rename 19 to 0 and 0 to 19.

Still, it's more fun to start from the back against sligthly slower AI ;)

Edited by fajanko, Jul 31 2019 - 01:37 AM.

#4 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jul 31 2019 - 05:45 PM

A couple of  years back, the OAO staged a fun race for the squad at Willow Springs.  I wrote the grid for the event.  I didn't tell anyone but the chief admin that I'd staged the starting order in reverse.  Fastest qualifier started dead last.  Slowest man had pole on the grid.  It's just a matter of a little juggling of track.ini figures re the grid.

Fun to watch the fast guys try to make up places from the back and the traditional tail enders fight for primo positions especially when they had no idea what was coming.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links