With Chris (creator of the Historic Carsets) we tweaked some things to get the 1967x mod work appropriately online. This release also contains a generic carset to race against the AI in every track and is suitable for ranks (gplrank and custom rank) too.
Compared to the original 1967x mod, this release has:
(1) just one carset, based on the 6th carset of the 1967x but with some different graphical options
(2) recognition by iGOR
(3) compatibility with v1 raterisers
(4) slipstream from the 1969x mod, which is comparatively slighter than that of the 1966 mod, implemented in the original 1967x mod
(5) lower power for the BT20, making difference with the BT24
(6) slightly tweaked physics in the McLaren M5A
(7) some other minor tweaks in the physics
(8) numbers and different helmets for all cars and graphical options when racing online.
(9) a generic carset to race online with AI cars numbered and correct faces and helmets
(10) a unique player.ini (play67.ini) providing support for ranks
(11) a collection of hundreds of community setups for the original gpl cars with their extensions changed to be read (as base setups) for the mod. Eagle setups also provided with McLaren extension.
Compared to original GPL cars:
(1) addition of the McLaren M5A, Brabham BT20, Lotus 33 BRM, Brabham BT11, Cooper T79, Eagle T1F, BRM P261, and a generic Formula 2 slot.
(2) graphical options for most cars with a total of 30 configurations.
(3) tweaked physics, with different tyre model having comparatively more grip at lower speed and less grip at high speed, increased distance from which slipstream effect works, and a little increase in air resistance to speed
Laptimes are comparable to those from original GPL cars, being probably a bit faster in slow tracks and slower in fast ones.
(1) Download the file at: http://67f1.gplworld.de/
(2) Extract it to your GPL folder replacing files and combining (or mixing up) folders (don't replace folders)
(3) Add the carset in GEM+
NOTE that a file with setups is provided. Extract it to /gpl/players/your__name. Those setups are from the original GPL but are rather good also for the 1967x cars. Setups of the McLaren are actually for the Eagle and their gearboxes relations should be adjusted accordingy for each track.
Thanks a lot of all the GPL community, which made this mod possible. To Chris for the 1967x mod and all the tweaks in the physics herein implemented. Also thanks to the beta testers that gave their impressions about the mod.
Long Live GPL
Edited by ginetto, Apr 10 2020 - 04:48 AM.