mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 30 2016 - 09:00 PM

Hello everybody.

I've some problems running GPL with openGL V2. Specifically, all the navigations in the words in the menus are not readable, the "live view" of the track and navigation through menus are very slow and there are frequent crashes to desktop.

I send a pic illustrating the fonts problem. This particular picture is under Linux, but the same happens under Windows (maybe less marked, though).

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry if it was treated in other thread (not found by me).

EDIT: I'm running GPL in a laptop with intel i7 processor and an integrated HD4500 "GPU".

Cheers, Marcos.

Attached Files

Edited by mcmirande, Nov 30 2016 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,198 posts

Posted Nov 30 2016 - 09:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that you need to update the driver for your graphics card.  There must be some kind of corruption.

#3 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Football (Soccer), Grand Prix Legends and rFactor

Posted Dec 01 2016 - 10:16 AM

View Postmcmirande, on Nov 30 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hello everybody.

I've some problems running GPL with openGL V2. Specifically, all the navigations in the words in the menus are not readable, the "live view" of the track and navigation through menus are very slow and there are frequent crashes to desktop.

I send a pic illustrating the fonts problem. This particular picture is under Linux, but the same happens under Windows (maybe less marked, though).

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry if it was treated in other thread (not found by me).

EDIT: I'm running GPL in a laptop with intel i7 processor and an integrated HD4500 "GPU".

Cheers, Marcos.

Marcos, I'd try taking out the video card and try to play GPL with the integrated video card on your motherboard. If the game isn't alright, the fault might be drivers or windows itself. If it is alright, then it's the video card that's telling you it's time to replace it.

#4 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted Dec 01 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostLord, on Dec 01 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

View Postmcmirande, on Nov 30 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hello everybody.

Cheers, Marcos.

Marcos, I'd try taking out the video card and try to play GPL with the integrated video card on your motherboard. If the game isn't alright, the fault might be drivers or windows itself. If it is alright, then it's the video card that's telling you it's time to replace it.

Thanks both

I tried with two computers, both with integrated graphic cards (Intel HD series) but with the same installation. Just copied all the GPL directory from one another... Maybe I should reinstall entire GPL...

#5 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Dec 01 2016 - 11:25 AM

I think your problem is the intel graphics driver!

As far as I found, it is not made for gaming and it has no good support...especially for linux!

#6 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,161 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Dec 05 2016 - 08:09 AM

How does it look in 3D7V2?

#7 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted Dec 05 2016 - 10:42 AM

Menus look and work perfect with directX v2. Also, the "live cam" visible from the menus runs flawless. But... when into the track, fps are lower than in OGL v2.

#8 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,161 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Dec 05 2016 - 01:53 PM

I get the same thing, but even though the fps are higher with OGL I get some stutters.

#9 alexnelson

alexnelson

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Racing & flying sims

Posted Mar 15 2017 - 04:21 AM

I also get screen flickering and the mouse pointer disapears when going back to menu from in game using openglv2.
I found a workaround : I have "yakuake" installed on my KDE desktop. It's a terminal emulator that opens through F12 key shortcut. If I open/close it, I get back to a full usable menu

With d3dv2 the buttons dont work in menu.

Edited by alexnelson, Mar 15 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#10 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Mar 15 2017 - 07:56 AM

I have the mousepointer lost when going back to menu from in game with NVidia GPU.
I just switch to tty2 (ctrl+alt+ right/left) and back to get it back ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links