- - - - -

69 Extra Mod Car Folders With The Historical Update?

69 mod

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krisu92

krisu92

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:GPL, rFactor 2, games, racing, science, music...
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Feb 27 2019 - 04:00 PM

Hi, I am wondering whether the Cars69 folder should be merged with the 69xtra folder (containing the car updates) that comes with Irridux's historical update? Probably a dumb question, but I honestly have no idea. I have installed the 69 Extra Mod, nothing else. If this is already explained somewhere, pardon me!

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 01 2019 - 06:45 AM

I've had a look back at the threads here dealing with the 69Extra mod and Irridux's update, and I've also checked my own installation. Although I have downloaded and archived Irridux's update files, I don't think I ever installed them, because I was confused like you about exactly where the car updates should go. Irridux's ZIP files include a "/cars/69xtra/" folder which seems to be incorrect. If you follow Irridux's simple instructions: "You can install this update dropping it in your GPL main folder" you end up with this new "/cars/69xtra/" folder which seems to be ignored by GEM and GPL.

From what others have said (or hinted at) in other threads, I think you need to copy all of the car subfolders beneath "/cars/69xtra/" to the "/cars/cars69/" folder so that the 69Extra mod will see the files and use them in-game. Try doing this:

(1) Make a backup of your whole "/cars/cars69/" folder in a safe place in case something goes wrong.

(2) Install Irridux's two ZIP files (I think you've probably already done this).

(3) Open Explorer and go to the folder "/cars/69xtra/". Select all of the car subfolders (c00 to c44), right-click and select "Copy".

(4) Go to the "/cars/cars69/" folder, right-click and select "Paste". If you're asked if you want to overwrite files, answer "yes".

(5) Close down Explorer, start up GEM/GPL and try to run the 69Extra mod. If you can get on track ok, then you've probably installed the update correctly. (Edit: To do a full and proper test, you probably need to start a full race season, as the mod is designed to affect the grid for each historical race.)

(6) If GPL crashes or behaves oddly when you try to run the 69Extra mod, then obviously something still isn't quite right. Go back to the "/cars/cars69/" folder, delete "cars69" completely, and copy your backup in to replace it.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not 100% certain that this is the correct procedure. As I said before, I haven't installed the update myself, I'm only looking at what others have posted in other threads.

If you don't want to take the risk of messing around with your files, you could try something else. Look up Irridux in the list of members, and send him a Personal Message telling him about your thread, and asking him to come and post here to confirm how the update is supposed to work. The problem is that his update is now nearly seven years old, and I'm not sure how often Irridux visits SRMZ these days, or even if he's still part of the GPL community.

Sorry I can't give you a 100% certain answer to your question krisu, but I hope I've helped a little bit anyway. Good luck.

EDIT: Here's a link  to the original Irridux update thread where people are discussing some oddities with the installation:
http://srmz.net/inde...t=40#entry84044
If you read posts 54, 55 and 56, that's where I got the info that I've given you above, and MickeK confirms that the 69Extra mod still works ok afterwards.

Edited by Saiph, Mar 01 2019 - 12:32 PM.

#3 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Mar 02 2019 - 02:18 AM

Hi Krisu92
   The read me in part 2 of the historical 69x update just says to drop everything into your GPL main folder but first you must install the "silver 2" track. Here is the read me itself .

This is the historical update for the 69xtra Mod I've assembled with the material I have.
In addiction to the excellent original Mod, You will find all the textures for the Cars in high resolution and others addons.
I have used the best skins for the Cars and the ai racers and the correct liveries and numbers for each race they have done.
I have modified and in some case create new stuff for the final result, You will discover a lot of improvements, like new Wheels for Mclaren, BRM and Matra, textures upgrade, specific liveries and a lot more.
It includes the correct tyres textures for each team and a little brighter colour that is, in my opinion, more realistic. A specific face and helmet, in some case also for a single track are included.

I have tweaked the AI in each race for a better historically accurated simulation.
In this update there are the three Carsets for the non Championship races.
They are for the three British Races in Brands Hatch (Race of Champions),Silverstone (International Trophy) and Oulton Park (International Gold Cup).

I've spent a lot of time for research informations and for editing all the material... I hope that the result is not bad.

You can install this update dropping it in your GPL main folder.

IMPORTANT:Before installing this update You must have a Silver2 Track, if not You have to do:

-- Make a copy of your Silver Track folder and rename it as Silver2
-- In Your new Silver2 folder rename the Silver.dat file to Silver2.dat
-- Now, You can install the update for having the proper Carset for 69 International Trophy

Most of the credits goes to the great artists that have created the original models and textures.
A special Thanks goes to G.Spinning for his "faces update" and others important addons He pubblish some time ago.
I have also to thanks a lot Luigi70 and his fantastic Community of Aerogi Motorsport Forum.
Finally, a special credit to my friend Paul Skingley.

I hope You enjoy it!

Marco "Irridux" Medici

I hope it clears things up :)

#4 krisu92

krisu92

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:GPL, rFactor 2, games, racing, science, music...
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Mar 03 2019 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Marco, but I don't think that helps, I have read the readme file :( As Saiph (and others in the thread he linked) said, it was probably intended that the 69xtra folder to be merged with the cars69 folder, as the separate 69xtra folder doesn't seem to be used by anything. I have yet to try it myself again, as I ended up messing around with other mods :D

#5 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Mar 03 2019 - 11:43 PM

View Postkrisu92, on Feb 27 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hi, I am wondering whether the Cars69 folder should be merged with the 69xtra folder (containing the car updates) that comes with Irridux's historical update? Probably a dumb question, but I honestly have no idea. I have installed the 69 Extra Mod, nothing else. If this is already explained somewhere, pardon me!
Hello again Krisu92. As far as I know there shouldn't be any 69xtra car folder in your GLP install. It should only be a Cars69 folder. Add only the contents of the 69xtra folder into the Cars69 folder. The path should look something like this, Local disc C > Sierra > GPL > cars > cars69 .
I hope this helps :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links