• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dathyr1

dathyr1

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Installing GPL again on my new gaming computer and Wanted to get a few more tracks for GPL.
  • Sim interest:Nascar

Posted Nov 18 2018 - 08:47 PM

Hello,

I went through several of the FFB topics to get a good understanding how to setup and get it working.  

Core.ini:
I have FFB turned on and taken some settings used in another topic. All works Good far as feeling
the force when the wheel is turning the car in the corners.

The thing i dont feel is when I hit curbs, grass or bumpy track. Should i feel those also?
I do feel the bump when I hit a wall head on.

I have a Thrustmaster TMX wheel. Went in thrustmaster control panel and adjusted the gain to get
the wheel force mentioned above.

my settings
allow_force_feedback = 1   
force_feedback_damping = 60.0000000   
force_feedback_latency = 0.0850000
max_steering_torque = 550.000000   

edited:

Ignore my question:  seems I have to play around with the settings. I can now feel most everything on
the track to some extent.  I now have these settings, but are not finalized. Seems to be a happy balance
to be able to feel everything on the track as i am driving. Settings I now have are:

my settings
allow_force_feedback = 1   
force_feedback_damping = 30.0000000   
force_feedback_latency = 0.1250000
max_steering_torque = 200.000000  had to bump this up from 145 cause steering force was too much.    

thank you,

Dave Thayer

Edited by dathyr1, Nov 18 2018 - 10:33 PM.

#2 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 19 2018 - 03:30 AM

Hello Dave (aka dathyr1),

I use a Thrustmaster T500 RS wheel. Maybe you can also apply those settings on your Thrustmaster TMX wheel?
At least it is worth a try if it feels better for you. Write down your old settings before you change anything in case you want to go back. ;)

Have a look here for my settings:

Easy Installation Guide
http://www.gplworld....tion-guide.html

My FFB settings work best for me with the FFB2 patch (also see link above) but only with the newer Thrustmaster drivers. With older drivers I had the best feeling without the FFB2 patch. Strange, but something seems to have changed with the new Thrustmaster wheel drivers and the way they "communicate" with GPL.
My guide is not updated with this info yet.

Stefan

Edited by Stefan Roess, Nov 19 2018 - 03:03 PM.

#3 dathyr1

dathyr1

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Installing GPL again on my new gaming computer and Wanted to get a few more tracks for GPL.
  • Sim interest:Nascar

Posted Nov 19 2018 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Stefan.  I made a shortcut to all that information on GPL.  Many topics I need to learn for some of the newer Mods.  Have no idea how
GEM works yet.  Thank you for the link to that document.

But anyway, back to FFB.  I think I have the latest Thrustmaster drivers installed and my menus look just like in the document.
When I used a high value such as 500  for max steering torque in the core.ini,  the wheel force felt fine, but none of the other things like
grass bumps, corner strips, etc had no FFB effect at all when I tried testing different parts of several tracks.

Also it seems the faster the car is going the less FFB effect you feel with allot of the grass bumps, corner strips, etc.
Slow speeds of the car I feel everything.  I always feel wall impacts or other car bumps.

With my edited parameters I listed, I do feel FFB wheel oscilations when going through series of quick maze of left right corners and
trying to bring the wheel back to center. But it is pretty cool now with the FFB for GPL.

take care,
Dave

take care,
Dave

#4 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 20 2018 - 06:10 AM

Hi Dave

I don`t know if both wheels use the same motor (its not listed on the website) and feel the same. But according to the technical data I guess they can`t feel the same).
The one on the Thrustmaster T500 RS is very strong, so I prefer lower forces. And I don`t need to feel every bump.
But that's of course subjective. What feels good for me might not feel good for you.
I will also try your settings and see how it feels for me. If yours feel better I will stick with yours. :)

You can easily spend hours on finding you perfect FFB settings. Similar to graphics settings with constant FPS. :D

Edit:

Thrustmaster TMX wheel
http://www.thrustmas...-force-feedback

Very precise wheel: optical reading with 12-bit resolution
(i.e. 4,096 values on the wheel’s steering axis)
Mixed belt-pulley and gears system (smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears)
with metal ball-bearing axle (for enhanced sturdiness)

Thrustmaster T500 RS wheel
http://www.thrustmas...products/t500rs

Precision
New H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™(*) on the wheel’s steering:
Ultra-precise wheel, with 16-bit resolution (65536 values on the steering)!
Precision that won’t decrease over time (contactless magnetic sensor)

Force Feedback
Force Feedback with industrial motor (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, 65W, Ø 52mm/2”)
Super-powerful, quick responding Force Feedback mechanism
Rigid motorized stopper, no matter what angle of rotation you select

Edited by Stefan Roess, Nov 20 2018 - 06:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links