Jpanzer

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 23 2019 - 12:14 PM

Ran into some issues trying to create different driver profiles while switching between mods. I'm trying to do this to cut down on confusion when swapping between setups for the various mods. I tried repeatedly last evening to create a new driver profile in the 71 Can Am mod, but the game would not allow me to save the profile created, and I had to revert to the original profile to proceed. Do new driver profiles have to be created and saved in the original '67 install? Is there a way to create new driver profiles in GEM +, or can you only swap between previously created driver profiles there?

I'm a bit perplexed at this point...

#2 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jan 23 2019 - 01:58 PM

Im maybe be wrong, just guessing, but sure I've done this before. Not sure it will work.

In GPL game directory. Find player folder (name of driver) copy that to desktop, change name to what you want and put back in directory, with other driver name. Then check gem drop down box for driver name/s.

TP:

#3 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,047 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jan 23 2019 - 07:47 PM

I do everything in GPL, always did like that.
You just choose new player, insert your name and all the rest of the thing you want; push the green button and you're set.
Your new driver will be there for all the mods you want.
In GEM+ you can then link that to one mod.

#4 Treetop64

Treetop64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing, biking, historical aircraft
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 25 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostJpanzer, on Jan 23 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Ran into some issues trying to create different driver profiles while switching between mods. I'm trying to do this to cut down on confusion when swapping between setups for the various mods. I tried repeatedly last evening to create a new driver profile in the 71 Can Am mod, but the game would not allow me to save the profile created, and I had to revert to the original profile to proceed. Do new driver profiles have to be created and saved in the original '67 install? Is there a way to create new driver profiles in GEM +, or can you only swap between previously created driver profiles there?

I'm a bit perplexed at this point...

Yes.  In order to create new driver profiles, you must create them first in an untouched vanilla GPL install.  When GEMP later rebuilds the .exe it uses the original .exe (and any profiles created with it) and modifies it to build the new .exe.  Later, you simply associate the new driver to the new mod via the GEMP UI.

This is helpful if you are using a different driver profile for each individual mod, which isn't absolutely required but is strongly recommended.  If you're using a single driver profile for multiple mods I don't think it makes any difference.

Edited by Treetop64, Jan 25 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#5 TvO

TvO

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:Unknown
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 27 2019 - 03:20 AM

Might be worth mentioning to backup your 1967 player.ini with your best lap times before trying to enter gpl.exe . Your best laps will get wiped for all but the original papyrus tracks if you open gpl.exe .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links