• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 07:21 PM

tho i was able to install and drive the mods SportsCars (SC) and 69extra (69x) earlier, i just tried it today and i CTD instead.

in GEM i select driver, the screen changes to Carset=1967 Sportscars (GPLGT)
the track shows Sebring 67 (tho i've tried other tracks and get same result)
car selection is Ferrari 330/p4 (same comment as track result)
CARSET shows CARSGT
season = GTseason

all is as it should be, so i click on GPL and the screen/game loads.

on the left, where you can check team composition and 'add' a new (you) driver.. those work.
but if from that screen i press the green button (lower right) - to where you'd then normally see the tracks... i get CTD

this has worked before, i have some setups (nothing major, just tweaks) and a player for the SC's.
what has changed, was the last time i launched i was using windows XP, and i've now changed to win10

i even attempted reinstalling the two mods, without success of getting them to run.

Sys is Win10 and nVidea GT650 card
rasterizer is set to OpenGL v2

i see the main GPL screen, but when i try to load a track (pressing GREEN button)  bang.. CTD.
and the season ini is correct, the tracks are all installed, but i even tried other tracks, and an alternate season ini... same result.
i've deleted the mod specific 'exe' files for GPLsc.exe and GPLx69.exe, closed GEM and restarted to create new files, same result.

all other mods work fine!  65...67 F2, CanAm66 and 71, and the original 69mod... and the most recent 55 mod
i've tried loading other season ini files in GEM with the 69x mod... nope same result.
deleted player, tried different player, added new player...same result

in a nutshell, the 69s and SC mods won't "See" tracks - on pressing the GREEN button to advance to the track selection screen... CTD
if you've got any suggestions, or points i'm not covering, i'd be more than happy to give 'em a go :)
i'm about out of ideas, short of reinstalling GPL.. but why if all the other mods work?
Posted Image

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,245 posts

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 10:01 PM

Odd - in the screen you posted, you don't have any info in the top right quadrant of that window.  See my pic.

Attached Files

#3 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 04:04 AM

Do you try to run them with 60fps?

Those are the two mods that only run with 60fpsV1 patch!

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,743 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 07:51 AM

I'm not 100% certain about this, but I seem to remember that a "green button CTD" can also be caused by faulty sound files? Have you changed any sounds recently? Does the GPL sounds directory look normal?

EDIT: Also you say you've switched from XP to Win10 - how did you switch? Did you do a complete reinstall from scratch (from reading your comments, probably not) or did you do an 'upgrade'? What is the directory of your GPL.EXE file? Does the directory "Program Files" or similar appear in the path? Win10 has more strict access controls for program directories, and this can cause problems for GPL. (Although if other mods are running ok, this shouldn't be a problem.)

I will continue to think about this and add new suggestions if I think of anything. Good luck solving it.

EDIT 2: Windows 10 has a new "Defender" anti-virus. Have you installed/activated this, or are you using a different product? Does the anti-virus show any messages about GPL files? (I'm using Win10 Defender, so there shouldn't be any problem, but not all installations are the same.)

Edited by Saiph, Nov 13 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 08:06 AM

Saiph.. sound related to green button only makes it unclickable.  thanks, but sound is not the issue (checked)
Bob...i don't see a difference :P  i have 69-extra in all 3 lines, same as yours
Cookie... NO!  i've only been trying to run in 36fps mode - i  deleted the 60fps V1 after i thought the V2 improved and replaced :o
i'll find, install and report soon!

#6 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,245 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostBo Bruce, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Bob...i don't see a difference :P  i have 69-extra in all 3 lines, same as yours

Oops.  I was looking at your picture, but didn't realize that it ran off the screen to the right.

#7 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,245 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 08:18 AM

This sounds like it might be related to the file and folder indexing.  The newer files for those mods might somehow have different indexing properties.

Make sure that under the Sierra folder > properties > general > advanced, “allow indexing service” is enabled and "Compress" is disabled and apply it to all subfolders

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 329 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:05 AM

properties were/are set as you describe Bob...   what about Cookie's comment on 60fps v1?
i don't have it on my sys - should i find/install it again?

#9 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,245 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 10:18 AM

I  wouldn't complicate the issue by trying to get it going with 60 fps.  I think that he was just saying that you might have been trying to run those mods with the wrong version of the 60 fps patch.

One more thing to try is making sure that all the files under GPL are not read-only.

Get the Clear read-only utility at http://www.crispybyt.../clearreadonly/

#10 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,722 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 10:26 AM

Good suggestion, Bob.

#11 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 329 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 10:31 AM

unchecked 'read only'.. applied to all Sierra folders...
installed 60fpsV1.. unchecked ALL other GEM options, checked ONLY the v1
....same result - CTD

#12 joy999

joy999

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:21 PM

May be disable the data execution prevention ( DEP ) in windows , see ==> http://www.thewindow...tion-prevention

#13 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 01:27 PM

Cinch fix.  I could tell you right here, Bo, but it'll cost you 100 coins.

;)

All joking aside, sorry, no idea what's going on there.

#14 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,722 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 02:59 PM

Is that 100 Bitcoin or 100 Ecoin?  ;)

:2c:

#15 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 08:20 PM

Better still, Greg...  OAO coins.  That's Bo's splendid GPL league where I try...and usually fail...to keep it on the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links