webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 06:31 AM

Just archived my 2018 GPL downloads.  Looking at the stats (below),  after 20 years, no sign of GPL fading away.  Whilst the quality of downloads just gets better and better.  Thanks to all those creators for keeping GPL alive and kicking  :clap2:

Attached Files

#2 robwmack

robwmack

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing, Slot Car Racing, Sim Racing, Hockey, Military History

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 01:34 AM

I have an immense archive as well. I began it many years ago but I organized it by author rather than year. I haven't kept up with it for up with it for quite a while. In more recent times I have organized it by type of file content. The reason I began to archive was that I was afraid that as sites disappeared, all of this work would be lost. I've been a GPLer since the day it was released and will remain so as long as I live and breathe. I am encouraged by the effort that has been put into ensuing the continued availability of tracks, carsets, mods, utilities, etc. but my fear still lingers. I would be pleased to provide any help I can to ensure that all of this work remains available to the GPL community.

#3 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 06:15 AM

What kind of downloads does your archive included? How did you get to 268 files this year? :o

I've made a complete back-up of the track database+updates in 2017. And I have a seperate map with the mods and all sorts of patches, cockpits, sound updates etc. Defenitely not everything, but the more that can be stored as a backup the better.

#4 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostMillennium, on Jan 03 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

What kind of downloads does your archive included? How did you get to 268 files this year? :o

I just try to grab everything from SRMZ etc.  The "View New Content" button is most useful :D . Ok some of the files will be further iterations of releases and some might be older downloads I have only just noticed.

Many years ago I tried to maintain some semblance of order.  It's far from perfect but here is my categorised list, in case anybody is at all interested.  It's missing some stuff I do have  (BAPOMs, set ups, many earlier car sets, editing tools), must try to add all of them to the archive at some point.  Apologies to any creators listed as "unknown", I just didn't always keep track especially in the early days.

Attached File  GPL Download Database.zip   366.3K   41 downloads

Edited by webfoot, Jan 03 2019 - 09:24 AM.

#5 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 295 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 01:14 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not only one "out of mind" :lol: :lol:
I've excel file too, not ordered like you but with most sheets for category, like track/mods/utilities etc.. of every file (I hope) downloaded in my pc, sure my list is not long as you
compliments !

#6 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,086 posts
  • Interests:racing :)

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 02:34 PM

Thx webfoot for your "GPL Download Database".
Impressive work!

#7 ROOKIE4EVER

ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted Feb 25 2019 - 07:08 PM

:thankyou: Webfoot.

Incredible database.

:hithead:

#8 Spadowski

Spadowski

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted Feb 26 2019 - 04:33 PM

That's awesome. There were as many files released in the year I started playing GPL as there was in 2018. WOW!

Significantly more bytes though!

Edited by Spadowski, Feb 26 2019 - 04:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links