• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 28 2017 - 03:53 PM

Yup, read it and still can't see what Kunos are supposed to have done wrong, apart from make their game moddable.

Dunno why you think they've brainwashed us, dunno why you think they're grabbing our money when the prices seem pretty reasonable and the product has sold well. Not sure how long you expect a developer to develop a title for free after release.

Not sure about anything anymore, particularly simracers... I'm outta here, enjoy your simracing folks! :)

#62 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • 1,335 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostFat Rich, on Sep 28 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

. I'm outta here, enjoy your simracing folks! :)

Thanks Fat Rich.

Think we will see you back some day :)

Edited by Pedro, Sep 29 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#63 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 08:40 AM

Well, outta this thread anyway :)

Although, as it turns out :duh:

:D

Edited by Fat Rich, Sep 29 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#64 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,257 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 08:56 AM

It's really simple Rich. On the RaceDepartment forum if you post ripped off content it gets blocked. This forum is the same way. Look at all the mods that are posted on this forum. We know we can trust they're not ripped off.

Why can't AC have the same standards? What I bought was posted on the AC forum and I thought it could be trusted. If you want to continue to back a company like that it's your choice. Just don't expect everybody to feel the same way.

So, now i'm done with this thread. I had my say. This is the GPL forum and i'll stick to that part of it.

#65 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 09:45 AM

Fair enough Pete, hopefully they've taken it off their forum now.... ripped off content is unacceptable  :(

Edited by Fat Rich, Sep 29 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#66 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 11:23 AM

AC support forum is a SUPPORT forum. Mods were never supposed to be hosted, and in fact, starting from the second half of 2015 the forum does not allow you anymore to post mods that are not python apps. This article was posted when Kunos dropped all support to mods in their forum.
Their job was and still is help you if your game crashes or has bugs or they f...ed up something or you want some general guide for developing content. Not checking that only genuine content was posted in sections where that content wasn't supposed to be posted at all. If you guys wanna blame them over some futile accusation made by some lunatic like the PRC guys, go ahead. Just saying, the same guy is on Ian Bell paycheck and says wonder of PCars2 and mayhem of everything else. Someone very trustful right?

#67 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,257 posts

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 11:41 AM

You mean like when they put a speedometer in place of a fuel pressure gauge in a F1 car and ignore you when you bring it up. Is that the kind of help the forum is for?

Sorry, I had to come back for this one. Now i'm done with this and AC. Ignore me and then expect me to continue to spend money isn't going to happen.

A fuel pressure gauge is needed in the Lotus 49. A speedometer isn't!

#68 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,297 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostPete Gaimari, on Sep 29 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

You mean like when they put a speedometer in place of a fuel pressure gauge in a F1 car and ignore you when you bring it up. Is that the kind of help the forum is for?

you were so much ignored that they fixed it in the next patch Pete. It is fixed since an year or so, maybe more. Since you complained

#69 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,257 posts

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 12:51 PM

No, it wasn't. That was more than a year ago and I saw a couple of patches go by and it's wasn't fixed. It's still no excuse for ignoring the problem when it was brought up.

No matter. I'll never buy AC2 and that means the version I have will die out. GPL has all I need for a race sim.

#70 Gui

Gui

80's Motorsports Fan

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:The world
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Sep 29 2017 - 03:33 PM

View Postleon_90, on Sep 29 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

AC support forum is a SUPPORT forum. Mods were never supposed to be hosted, and in fact, starting from the second half of 2015 the forum does not allow you anymore to post mods that are not python apps. This article was posted when Kunos dropped all support to mods in their forum.
Their job was and still is help you if your game crashes or has bugs or they f...ed up something or you want some general guide for developing content. Not checking that only genuine content was posted in sections where that content wasn't supposed to be posted at all. If you guys wanna blame them over some futile accusation made by some lunatic like the PRC guys, go ahead. Just saying, the same guy is on Ian Bell paycheck and says wonder of PCars2 and mayhem of everything else. Someone very trustful right?

That's not it, Leon. That was the official speech they gave as they killed that forum as to not have modding going. Maybe there was something in that nature to get the Porsches or something for a manufacturer, but what they gave was a quick and alternative reality excuse.

#71 Gui

Gui

80's Motorsports Fan

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:The world
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Oct 01 2017 - 07:33 PM

https://forum.studio...312-1967.57827/

Things are progressing nicely. The historical accuracy troops should head on over and assist with getting tire sizes right at least in one historic car.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ferrari, 312, 1967, Assetto, Corsa, Sim, F1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links