- - - - -

Can The Uk Halt The Trend Of Rising Right-Wing Politics?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 13 2019 - 06:59 PM

come on about the  Labor like there in some way better that any other English faction about the palestine or anything   you remember tony blair a jesus freek who was alone the international moral caution to Dubya (and then  RSC was marching like a band to the war like little soldier  for the Irak invasion ,you remember the secret subtereean base full of mirage  and nucluuar bomb or evil  monster under  there bed , im sure some of those former rsc gestapo here remember that )  democrats in the usa were the same brainwashed since there chillhood  ready to go war far any reason whatsoever  because they were English ,american wasp  we can do anything we want we are democraty ,unique, exceptional .. we will lead the world , but were not  imperialist no sir ,only pinkys commies could believe that

Edited by KARTM, Dec 13 2019 - 07:28 PM.

#22 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,652 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Dec 13 2019 - 08:20 PM

Think it should be "the rising trend of right-wing politics"?
:)

KARTM, everything you are saying, (pretty much agree), could have been said at any time in history, (with caveats for respective technologies), as only time and the names have changed while the human condition for most remains the same.

Rather than lament and revise the past the real and only practical challenge is to successfully manage the future.

Given the nature of humanity goes back beyond ancient time, how can its seemingly inevitable repetitive social degradation and collapse be not only avoided but eliminated forever?

Is there a cure for ignorance, arrogance, and greed?

US Americans have a republic, (not a democracy), and have been fighting with ourselves all along to preserve or destroy what we can of it.

Some might say it has been a downhill battle since Day 1.

"whatever will be will be..."
:D

Edited by John Woods, Dec 13 2019 - 08:21 PM.

#23 prize

prize

John Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:GPL add-on tracks and mods

Posted Dec 13 2019 - 11:56 PM

Thanks for this interesting thread.

#24 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Dec 14 2019 - 02:19 AM

I tried to stay out of this thread, but the urge was too strong, and I felt that I just had to add something.

Firstly I would like to say, that I'm totally fed up of this whole debacle. Like I'm sure many others are? and totally embarrassed to be British. I'm really totally sick, regarding this whole sorry mess. Also I have concerns for the division this as caused, between communities and the people. We also know that this was really a Brexit dominated election, regardless of austerity issues.

Brexit as driven a stake right through the heart of the British people and divided a nation in two. To the point of anger, mistrust and uncertainty.

We need to now, as a country, come together as one, and put all this sorry mess behind us. We all need to work together, no matter what side of the vote we were on in 2016, or else we will just drive ourselves into the English Channel. We must now have and need closure and healing.

In my community, there was a strong fealing and anger (which was the crux of the problem) that Parliament were not honouring the 2016 vote, to leave Europe, and that some elements of that establishment were not listening to the people, and just intent on derailing the whole Brexit process. Rather throwing a spanner into the works of a clear democratic vote. Whether you agreed or disagreed with that vote, in 2016, it should have not only got the respect and acceptance, but the democracy that comes along with it. This is why and the real reason why many heartland labour supporters, lent there vote to Boris Johnson and the Conservative party. They just didn't like the fact, that Labour and Jeremy Corbin, sat constantly, on the fence and never admitted whether they'd  excercise Brexit, if they came to power. Rather go for another vote or referendum. Those same heartland supporters, didn't like the fact that Joe Swinson of the Liberal party, nailed her party's colours to the mast and stated, that if they came to power, they would not honour that 2016 vote to leave, but rather reverse Brexit altogether, against the will of the British people. They were sore to the fact and felt, that you just can't keep voting and voting until one side gets a reversal and gets what they want. This is not democracy and this as therefore encouraged and created division in Britain, along with lots of uncertainty and mistrust for politics and politicians. This is what as truly put the Conservatives back in power in Britain.

For me though, David Cameron must take a large portion of the blame for this debacle. By allowing the Brexit vote (though forced to do so by UKIP Party pressure) for not having a proper consultation with the British people. Not just for leaving (after 2016) but on how to leave the European Union. Some blame to be proportioned to Teresa May, for not giving the Brexit process it's full and divided attention, right after that 2016 vote. Leaving it rather to some of her ministers, to go away and sit in a secluded corner, talk about it for a couple of years and then come back with no idea at all on how to leave and it's consequences. Then coming back into it, at the last minute, to try take all the glory for her half cooked sell out deal. Once again giving no clear consultation or information to the British people, on how to leave and how it will affect us, as a country as a whole. This as truly put the Conservatives into power.

Let me also say though and make it perfectly clear right now, that the British people, who voted to leave Europe in 2016, are not angry or disillusioned by Europe and it's people. It's the European Union they don't like, or trust, and those within that organisation. The people who voted Brexit, just want a fresh break, a new and fresh start, as well as positive change. But also to do this by keeping an harmonious and strong relationship, plus friendship, with Europe and all the people and nations within that union. This could be something that may be an hard thing to achieve, and they say you can't have your cake and eat it, or the cherry on the top.But most British people still think this is possible to some extent.

Let me just finish by quoting something way back, from Oliver Cromwell on the dissolving of Parliament in 1653. Which kind of sums up a large portion of the British people's present feelings, regarding our present British politics and MP's.

"Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money. Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes?" Nothing changes.
Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil’d this sacred place, and turn’d the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress’d, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.
In the name of God, go!”

Thanks Saiph for starting an interesting although let's say topical thread. Would like to keep it to GPL though and fellow minded racing. Along with that I would like to point out firmly, that all views on this subject, are respected without any judgement and that we must try to be civilised to each other and peoples beliefs!

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Dec 14 2019 - 04:41 AM.

#25 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Dec 14 2019 - 04:13 AM

So within 1 page we've gone from calling conservative leaders 'racists and fascists' to accusing Israël of wanting to kill as many people in Gaza as possible. Palestinian tv teaches childlren it's good to kill jews and Hitler is seen as a hero. They celebrate when innocents jews are killed, use civilians to protect their rockets, execute and hang people in the streets and are lead by a terrorist orginisation (Hamas). Yet Israël is to blame for everything bad that happens.

Todays leftism in a nuttshell. And the reason why more and more people abondon that ideology.

Again I'm sad to see this here, I appreciate everyone here for their love for GPL regardless of their political views.

Edited by Millennium, Dec 14 2019 - 04:20 AM.

#26 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,104 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Dec 14 2019 - 04:41 AM

Topic locked, enough politics for this year.
A happy New Year to everybody ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links