• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 12:31 PM

This wheel was purchased years ago and originally installed on an XP machine. I used the software CD to make the original installation on the XP machine and all was fine w/FFB active when activated in the particular driving sim that supported FFB.

I'm now on a Win7 Pro machine. I simply plugged in my wheel and Win7 found it and made it operational. Unfortunately, I do not have FFB in driving sims that I previously had FFB. (Nascar 2003 Season, Dirt Racer, GPL for instance.) Nor do I have the Logitech control panel for the device, as would be expected.

The wheel has been a solid and trouble free wheel, if a bit "slow" on account of the motors needed for FFB.

My question:

Should I uninstall this device via the "add/remove" program and reinstall using the Logitech software CD? Think that would give me access to the FFB feature?

All for now.

Old Simmer
Andre Ming

Edited by Old Simmer, Sep 03 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#2 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 01:28 PM

Looks like there isn't a way to uninstall the device via Control Panel/etc. I guess Win7 simply saves its settings and uses them as default? That so, should I go ahead and install the Logitech software and Win7 will apply those settings to the device?

#3 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 02:43 PM

There's a way to do it in the registry,but can't remember of hand now. I have some info somewhere to do it,unless some one else comes up with a solution first.

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Sep 03 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#4 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,445 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 02:55 PM

Ok so this is the method from a Fifa thread. Find the OEM and name of your controller and delete out of your registry. That's if it is there of course?
Also make sure you know what you are doing in the reg,tread with caution and do at your own risk. Good idea to back up your reg too,just in case !!

https://www.quora.co...s-not-supported

TP:

#5 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 03:10 PM

Editing the Registry scares me poop-less. I guess I should be thankful it works at all.

FWIW: I tried to simply install the Logitech software that came with my wheel, but as expected, Win7 defaults to its own driver and thus (apparently) the Logitech profiler won't function.

I'm not doing too well today in the software realm! (Can't successfully install Rally Trophy onto my Win 7 machine as well!)

#6 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,445 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 04:19 PM

Understood about reg.
Have you tried install Logitech disc and RT game incompatibility and admin mode by right clicking the exes ?

TP:

#7 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,432 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 04:46 PM

Don't think you will need to do anything to registry.

Try Logi site for current/updated drivers, (Win7), if there are any.

What does WinGameController think about it?

:D

Edited by John Woods, Sep 03 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#8 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Sep 03 2017 - 07:27 PM

Through the help in my "Rally" thread, I have got the game "Rally Trophy" functioning. However, can't assign the buttons/shifter/etc, so I'm stuck using the "Automatic" feature, which really takes a bit away from the experience.

TP:

I just tried running the Profiler again within the Logitech folder and it tells me it does not detect a device. As per your advice I have tried both as administrator and using the compatibility mode, and the Logitech software still fails to detect a device. I can get the file LWTest to run, but it has to do with detecting a Logitech "Wingman"(?) controller.

John:

WinGameController? What's that and how do I find it?

Old Simmer
Andre Ming

#9 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Sep 04 2017 - 03:04 AM

Make shure you use the 64bit logi driver:

Logitech Gaming Software 5.10.127 64bit

#10 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Sep 04 2017 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Cookie.

I now have the Logitech 64 bit software downloaded. I will try to install it soon.

Old Simmer
Andre Ming

#11 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,432 posts

Posted Sep 04 2017 - 07:16 AM

Have you made sure FFB is enabled in the GPL core.ini?

"allow_force_feedback= 1"

My laptop has no controllers installed, (as you can see in attached pic).
You should find this in Windows control panel, it should show the wheel, and when clicking "advanced" will open "custom settings and testing," (my name for it).

Just found searching for "logitech profiler does not detect controller" turns up a ton of hits.
Seems it is an ongoing problem.
One common suggestion is switch USB port, making sure to use 2.0 mainboard USB port.

Attached Files

Edited by John Woods, Sep 04 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#12 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Sep 04 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi John:

Yes, FF is enabled in the core.ini file.

I don't have the exact path you pictured, but I did find my Momo in the "Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers" menu. According to Win 7, my Momo wheel is functioning correctly. There weren't any settings to be configured in the "Properities" tab. (No "Advanced" tab appeared.)

When you say "making sure to use 2.0 mainboard USB port"... are you talking about one of the USB ports at the back of the computer? I'm currently using one of two front USB connections. Both are labeled "USB 3.0".

Me thinks trying to use 18 year old software and 15 year old hardware in a Win 7 environment is a bit of a pain!

Old Simmer
Andre Ming

#13 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,432 posts

Posted Sep 04 2017 - 10:22 AM

Try the back USBs.

#14 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Sep 04 2017 - 12:33 PM

First off, I want to thank ALL of you for your patience and input. I'm happy to report that I now have FORCE FEEDBACK in GPL!

What I did:

* Downloaded the Logitech 64 bit installer linked above.

* Ran the program. It found my Momo wheel using the front USB 3.0 port, and correctly installed it.

* Calibrated my wheel using the above Logitech software.

A quick drive of my GPL 1955 mod reveals that indeed it is working. The caveat being that I will have to acclimate to this new "feel". Going down a straightaway the wheel feels quite light... going into a curve the resistance increases and feels very much like an old car with manual steering. I'm used to there being noticeable resistance at all times, so this will take some getting used to. But overall, I'm very pleased that it's finally FUNCTIONING on this newer Win 7 machine!

Again, thanks to all!

Old "Happy" Simmer
Andre Ming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links