Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, flightsim
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 19 2017 - 07:44 AM

Hi all.
As I wrote in recent posts, I am coming back to GPL after many years, After some initial problems now I have a basic installation correctly working. At this point I would like to explore the rich world of the mods, so I installed GEM+ and tried to read the related threads here, as the interesting one related to the different types of installations. I noticed that many of you are probably experts, but for people that just start with the mod management some concepts can not be immediately clear, as carsets or seasons.
So I am trying to better understand the GEM+ procedures, and I noticed that the Help of the program is quite clear, but the format (Windows Help) is not much comfortable, with all the nested menus. Do you know if the same help or some other good guides for GEM+ are available in pdf format? I think that this could be useful for other new/returning users of GPL.
Thanks.

#2 hagapito40

hagapito40

On the search...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Classic Racing History, Modeling in 3ds Max and of course RACING!

Posted Sep 19 2017 - 09:16 AM

Have you tried this?
http://gplworld.de/e...tion-guide.html

#3 Antlab

Antlab

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, flightsim

Posted Sep 19 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hi hagapito40.
Yes, thanks for the link, the guide by Roess is the one I used to reinstall GPL and I am reading it to better understand how to manage mods.
Anyway, I noticed that the Help inside GEM+ is more detailed, and it explain some basic concepts, as carsets and seasons, that can be a bit obscure to the newbie. For example from the help I understood that a carset is composed by:
  • Car graphics
  • Physics
  • Seasonfile
  • AI file
  • Layout files
  • Gem+ Pictures
  • Sound files
I can recreate a sort of complete manual by copying all the contents from the program Help, but I don't know if this sort of document already exist.

#4 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 19 2017 - 02:37 PM

You dont need to understand all of the details to install/play a mod. I'm not saying this to discourage you from learning how the game and its ancillary programs work, but its not required to just run laps. If you got questions just fire away someone will be around to answer them asap.

Never knew GEM had that extensive a manual, so I cant speak to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links