• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 02 2017 - 09:05 AM

:shock: :rockon: :new:

https://techcrunch.c...chine-learning/

I tried it and I have been impressed by the translation subtleties DeepL is able to deliver !!

Goethe tongue is an unknow world to me .Two days ago, I wanted to translate complete posts from a  German model kit forum to French, and the results are more than sastifying.A huge improvement compared with any try with others "wannabe translators" i had used from German to french. All the meaning was clear with no nonsense, and no word missing or wrongly interpretated .

We can imagine in a near future writing any post in our mothertongue language, then click a DeepL button integrated in the header of the post, and get the translation that will be posted automatically on the forum language.

If it could enlarge the number of users coming at SRMZ or others forums.

Bye bye to the former automatic translators, welcome to DeepL .

Any feedback appreciated,  if we are some to try it and exchange our views

michel

Edited by M Needforspeed, Nov 02 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#2 salvo rappa

salvo rappa

Jack Brabham

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:only GPL

Posted Nov 02 2017 - 09:26 AM

You're right, I hope I've written well in English, but you have to tell me.    :D

#3 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Nov 02 2017 - 09:35 AM

:wave:

Formerly, my brother was a professional translator. He tested DeepL from English to French with technical topics, from which he knows the words and the sentences usual structures;He has been so impressed that he thinks that sooner that we can expect, it will be the end of human translator works;Or that in the end, their job will be completely different, but lowered in ability and knowledge.

Translators can go forever in well earned holidays ! Seriously,DeepL is a very uncomfortable situation for them !!!.

Oh, and don't be cruel, I still don' t use DeepL to translate from french to english, as you will see immediatly But I will probably use it when time is short for the words to come to the brain

Edited by M Needforspeed, Nov 02 2017 - 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links