• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 24 2016 - 08:32 AM

Can some of my European friends here please throw some ropes across La Manche, so I can make sure my country doesn't accidentally drift off and get lost somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

Je suis desole. :blue:

Je suis un Europeen, toujours.

(Even if I don't know how to type the accents correctly!)

Edited by Saiph, Jun 24 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#2 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Jun 24 2016 - 09:09 AM

UKGPL race tonight, so for half an hour you will have a few strong connections :)

I have non-UK friends living in UK and UK friends living in Europe. Interesting times ahead...

#3 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Jun 24 2016 - 01:27 PM

The "Vote Leave" team's big master plan for the UK after the vote to leave Europe seems to be...................

............drag their heels for years initiating the Article 50 clause and try to stay in Europe for as long as possible :confused:  

95% of my work came from Europe but started to dry up as soon as the referendum was announced. My business is doomed unless I relocate, not ideal after 15 years building a reputation here.

Maybe time to retire, move somewhere cheaper and live off the money raised selling the house :idunno:

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jun 24 2016 - 02:15 PM

I feel your pain, Keith and Rich.  This is a cautionary tale that voters in the US should pay close attention to... along with other EU countries' populaces.

#5 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,743 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 25 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostFat Rich, on Jun 24 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

The "Vote Leave" team's big master plan for the UK after the vote to leave Europe seems to be...................
............drag their heels for years initiating the Article 50 clause and try to stay in Europe for as long as possible :confused:  

One of the right-wing newspapers here is quoting David Cameron as saying "Why should I do all the hard ::crap::?" when he was asked about invoking Article 50 and beginning negotiations for Britain's exit!

Thinking about the timeline ahead, it could get a bit crazy. Cameron goes in October, and probably Boris Johnson will be made Tory leader and Prime Minister. European leaders and ministers will then be faced with the awful prospect of having to negotiate the complexities of Britain's exit with a man who can't even read an autocue properly when he's hosting "Have I Got News For You"!!! :hysterical:

Edited by Saiph, Jun 25 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#6 Alter

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 01:09 AM

Throw me a line: There existed Yourope but your compatriots unfortunately preferred to let loose. Fortunately nowadays means exist to keep in touch. Keep a stiff upper lip! :asterix:
Maybe at the end of the day this referendum will be regarded as some kind of opinion poll with no legal consequences.

Edited by Alter, Jun 26 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#7 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 05:44 AM

^ "Yourope" :hysterical:

#8 Alter

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 08:22 AM

Glad you appreciate the little pun. :)

#9 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,453 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Jun 27 2016 - 02:56 PM

1-2 : In fact ,now two ropes have broken . DOUBLE BREXIT !!!! God save the Queen.

I remember a CLASH song : give them enough rope . Saiph, I will rather give you enough hope.

That' s the funny unexpected things of life. Anyway, Technocracia Europa is awful the same.

my country, France praying to get always low BCE interest rates so they can pay numerous state employed people , that normaly cldn 't get their wage after the month of September, if the money came from the domestic year income.

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jun 27 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#10 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Jun 27 2016 - 08:42 PM

I knew the the US war crimes called Libya and Syria would one day bring turmoil to Europe.

#11 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,335 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 28 2016 - 12:55 PM

I prefer not to express myself

Edited by leon_90, Jun 28 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#12 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jun 28 2016 - 01:10 PM

:fyou2:, Leon and JMF.  What a line of ::crap::

Edited by gliebzeit, Jun 28 2016 - 01:15 PM.

#13 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Jun 28 2016 - 01:53 PM

I would be careful about bringing up politics at a site like this where the members are from all over the world.  One of the great things about SRMZ is that most members here get along well and interact without a lot of drama.  The fact that politics is very rarely discussed here plays a big role in that, imo.  Start talking about politics and ideology around here and I feel this place will rapidly change.  And not in a good way.

Just my 2 cents,

Dave

#14 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,335 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 28 2016 - 01:59 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jun 28 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

:fyou2:, Leon and JMF.  What a line of %20br=

Thanks.
You have your reasons to be angry. Just think about my reasons too, as I am young and dirty politics are stealing away my future. And with mrs. Clinton at the horizon, things will just go better and better.

Anyway I very much respect Greg, and I have no problem in saying that I love him very much like family, for all the help he gave me. Reading this, made me think back about writing my opinion about this situation. Probably, there wouldn't be a problem if we were eye to eye. But here, not possible.

Apologize to every US friend felt offended by my opinion.

Edited by leon_90, Jun 28 2016 - 02:15 PM.

#15 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Jun 28 2016 - 02:58 PM

Didn't bother me Leon, and JMF is US.
Agree with Dave's warning of course.
Best we all just be polite and not go there...except...

Well, this is Off Topic Chat and the tag says anything as long as its no spam.
So are we men or mice?

Actually I am mostly mouse based on prudence slapped into me by experience.

When someone pastes a flag on a car and paints it in a national livery its political.
F1 was political in that the intent was to enjoy political peace and economic prosperity while recognizing individuals and sovereigns as equals with fair opportunity to compete against talent and the track.

There was a reason it was done back then that is still reflected in things like the Ryder Cup, Davis Cup, Mosconi Cup, and the Olympic flame.

Its all about integrity and respect. JMO that's what makes these forums very special.
Thankfully our shared interest transcends politics.
Just like our prosperity model transcends economics.
Hopeful our enthusiasm and interest will continue without either getting in the way.

BTW, anyone could have bought into the currency spreads. Not like we didn't have three years to think about it. Wish I had because it was easy money.

Now the dollar is way way way too strong and US market producers are suffering because they do not set the price, which is way too low for profits.
At least Sony can post a retail price and the market has to finance it or go away.

BTW2, surely things all-in-all are pretty bad everywhere and really really really bad in some places. No way around acknowledging that. For many of us, those in harm's way being always in our thoughts is part of our everyday lives.

Edited by John Woods, Jun 29 2016 - 07:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links