• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 12:59 PM

Not so long ago i've seen the movie Rush with  Lauda and Hunt and I came across this on you tube .

https://www.youtube....h?v=c19DqS127Ac

#2 mediasponge

mediasponge

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Racing GPL, mostly at Spa, Laguna Seca, and Sears Point. I own a Formula Jr.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 12 2015 - 10:56 PM

Lauda himself was apparently pleased with the film. There were a few deviations from history, but nothing he objected to. The rivalry wasn't quite as bitter as the film portrays, but overall, a great film.

I heard a presentation from two of the current drivers of real F1 cars from the period that were asked to drive in the film. They had some stories to tell! If you read the credits to Rush carefully, there are two kinds of drivers listed. The "Precision Drivers" are the ones driving "mules" or mock-up cars that looked the part but were not as fast. These are the ones driving all the spins and crashes. The "F1 Drivers" are the people driving their own cars, which are real F1 cars from the period. One of the drivers I know was driving the John Player Special Lotus. The F1 drivers (and F3 drivers) are listed in the Transportation Department! :lol:

#3 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 15 2015 - 12:33 PM

For those who really witnessed the F1 championship in 1976, there has never been a rivalry, such the Ferrari 312 T, and to a lesser level , Lauda ,where dominants until the German GP . And most of all, no real  close fights on the tracks, as it happened in others more interesting F1 seasons,( 1974,1958)  that wld have the  preference of manys , to be selected for a movie.
Then ,1976  has been rather a politic affair and under the table stories, rather than fights on the track.

They profited that 1976 was faraway in time, to rewrite and deliver a complete new scenario.

the F1 GP reports from period mags  doesn 't show any thrilling moments , for most of the races.

Edited by M Needforspeed, Dec 15 2015 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links