• 22 posts
  • Interests:GPL, P&G, GTL, Nascar 2003
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 01:35 AM

Maybe the right gift for Christmas ?!

http://www.modelfact.../archives/30379  Lotus 49b

http://www.modelfact...hives/3702 1:20 Kit Tipo 159

http://www.modelfact...n/archives/9623 Lotus  49b -Book

Edited by modesty, Dec 04 2018 - 01:50 AM.

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 02:13 AM

Ouch! Lotus 49, ¥65,000 ≈ £450. :yikesss:

#3 Tormentor

Tormentor

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Dec 05 2018 - 10:52 AM

Tamiya kit in 1:12 is ~100€.

#4 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Dec 06 2018 - 10:36 AM

There is a funny thing, even if it ain't useful when the model will be completed

https://www.youtube....7&v=-CW85BQbqH0

#5 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dirt Rally, watching real races, modeling

Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:57 PM

Yes, surely a great Christmas gift for an automotive scale modeler like me. :thankyou:

Pity for high costs, that makes MFH kits just for few, so surely not for me and my money capacity. I know about a couple of italian modelers that reached +1000 euro just for one model (base kit, detailing sets, extra parts, images and information material); add to that some necessary modeling materials (glue, putty, primer, colours and varnish, sanding materials, tools etc.), and even before starting you have already spent 90% monthly income of an italian worker, or all the money to buy a decent 1:1 scale every day used city car... :coffee: Not to mention all the risks to make every kind of disasters, from assembling errors to plenty of painting issues, break or lose parts, blame from wife or relatives, etc. As Tormentor wrote, for just a part of that sum you can purchase a good plastic kit by some other producers. Anyway, by my personal point of view, modeling civil subjects remains a masochistic job; infact I'm one of the addicted. :bigcry2:

#6 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Dec 08 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostTato, on Dec 07 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yes, surely a great Christmas gift for an automotive scale modeler like me. :thankyou:

Pity for high costs, that makes MFH kits just for few, so surely not for me and my money capacity. I know about a couple of italian modelers that reached +1000 euro just for one model (base kit, detailing sets, extra parts, images and information material); add to that some necessary modeling materials (glue, putty, primer, colours and varnish, sanding materials, tools etc.), and even before starting you have already spent 90% monthly income of an italian worker, or all the money to buy a decent 1:1 scale every day used city car... :coffee: Not to mention all the risks to make every kind of disasters, from assembling errors to plenty of painting issues, break or lose parts, blame from wife or relatives, etc. As Tormentor wrote, for just a part of that sum you can purchase a good plastic kit by some other producers. Anyway, by my personal point of view, modeling civil subjects remains a masochistic job; infact I'm one of the addicted. :bigcry2:

an alternative to be sure to get a result that fulfill your expectations wld be this Lotus 49 DFV 1/12 scale from AUTOMODELLO .You save tools, paintings, preparation for 899 USD

https://www.replicar...uctinfo/AM1201/

I share some of your remarks, but don't you think modellers who buy those kits are gifted enough to be almost sure of a very good result ?

Edited by M Needforspeed, Dec 08 2018 - 05:08 PM.

#7 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Dec 08 2018 - 05:14 PM

the EXOTO 1/18 Lotus 49 Dutch GP  version is an alternative for a lesser budget; yesterday, I had the luck ( for once !) to get one without the box at 150 € shipping included .It was on Ebay, where they ask the expensive sum of more than 300 USD for one, if it is the Number 5 Jim Clark car.

Edited by M Needforspeed, Dec 09 2018 - 03:34 AM.

#8 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Dec 09 2018 - 02:01 PM

Edited by M Needforspeed, Dec 09 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#9 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Dec 09 2018 - 02:05 PM

No one is to blame, and there is always some ebayers  that don't find time to go in deep in what they are searching for.

just yesterday, I found and purchased on Ebay.fr the Lotus 49 Exoto Dutch GP at 150 € ( shipment included ) but I was
tracking another auction of the model on Ebay.. and look at what price it ended !!
The only difference was mine has not the box, but what a beautiful box I have missed ....at 152€ :yikesss:
But to add insult to injury, while the auction just ended at 352 € + shipping, there is still an offer at a fixed price of 299 €, and one at 349€.

Life can be so crazy and strange sometimes...

Edited by M Needforspeed, Dec 10 2018 - 02:39 AM.

#10 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Dec 09 2018 - 05:02 PM

pictures added on the post above; Sorry

#11 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted Dec 10 2018 - 09:43 AM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Dec 08 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I share some of your remarks, but don't you think modellers who buy those kits are gifted enough to be almost sure of a very good result ?

Hope so, but believe me, I see some errors and issues here and there also on awarded and/or reviewed models. Very few are so gifted as you wrote my friend. :)

By the way, since we are on the matter, I put here the web address to my scale modeling site (hope this will not be considered spam or commercial advice): https://theminiaturescorner.jimdo.com/
There You can see some of my stuff, and lot of errors too LOL (in the past I've tried to post some images here on the gallery, but I always receive an error message and upload is stopped, no idea why).

View PostM Needforspeed, on Dec 09 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

No one is to blame, and there is always some ebayers  that don't find time to go in deep in what they are searching for.

just yesterday, I found and purchased on Ebay.fr the Lotus 49 Exoto Dutch GP at 150 € ( shipment included ) but I was
tracking another auction of the model on Ebay.. and look at what price it ended !!
The only difference was mine has not the box, but what a beautiful box I have missed ....at 152€ :yikesss:
But to add insult to injury, while the auction just ended at 352 € + shipping, there is still an offer at a fixed price of 299 €, and one at 349€.

Life can be so crazy and strange sometimes...

:muttley:

#12 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 277 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Dec 10 2018 - 11:57 AM

Complimenti per tutti quei lavori Giorgio ma sopratutto per la passione che per realizzare quelle miniature ce ne vuole a pacchi!! :up: :up:
Spicca un bellissimo Drakkar tra le foto

Thanks for sharing your site Tato and compliments for your works! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

#13 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 277 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Dec 10 2018 - 12:01 PM

sorry all for the italian language, this is for Tato..

Son stato a volte a Verona Fiere per il modellismo, da curioso ovviamente, non ho capito se ci partecipi o meno, se fosse così fai un fischio che alla prossima ti passo a salutare sicuro! Grazie

#14 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted Dec 11 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostLalethor, on Dec 10 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Complimenti per tutti quei lavori Giorgio ma sopratutto per la passione che per realizzare quelle miniature ce ne vuole a pacchi!! :up: :up:
Spicca un bellissimo Drakkar tra le foto

Thanks for sharing your site Tato and compliments for your works! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Grazie di cuore, davvero! Se non sei un modellista famoso - non importa poi molto in realtà se sei bravo, o quanto tempo e impegno ci metti - in pochi notano i tuoi lavori, perciò quelle rare volte in cui ricevo complimenti sinceri e qualcuno capisce la passione e l'impegno che ci metto, al di là della qualità del risultato, mi fa piacere, altro che no, anche se quelli di nome spesso giocano a fare i finti modesti, salvo poi lamentarsi su facebook perché all'ultimo concorso gli hanno dato solo due medaglie d'oro invece di tre come certamente, a loro insindacabile giudizio, avrebbero meritato... :shrug:

View PostLalethor, on Dec 10 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

sorry all for the italian language, this is for Tato..

Son stato a volte a Verona Fiere per il modellismo, da curioso ovviamente, non ho capito se ci partecipi o meno, se fosse così fai un fischio che alla prossima ti passo a salutare sicuro! Grazie

Sì, da tre anni a questa parte ci partecipo col gruppo modellistico Mincio 'FàeDésfa' (lo so, il nome fa veramente schifo ma non dipende da me), di solito ci sono nella giornata di domenica. Salvo imprevisti, è contemplata la partecipazione anche per l'anno prossimo, il 2-3 Marzo (mio fratello già ha prenotato le ferie). Per gli amici e i conoscenti c'è pure pane e salame. :) :wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links