Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing, WW2 flying and real Golf
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 24 2015 - 10:14 AM

What does this mean wheb i am reinstalling the 69 mod.?   Have never seen this when installing mods. cant't get 69 mod to reinstall correctly.

Attached Files

Edited by Pawgy, Oct 24 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,319 posts

Posted Oct 24 2015 - 10:20 AM

You have to allow indexing at least for the GPL folder - and it might as well be for all folders - i.e. do this for c:\

Attached Files

#3 Pawgy

Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • 249 posts

Posted Oct 24 2015 - 10:40 AM

I have my C drive to allow indexing already. Also my gpl folder is checked to allow indexing.

EDIT all my mods now run fine except the 69 which always reverts to the 67 when it loads. I have removed the
gplc69.exe and the  gpl69mods folder from gem+ but when i select the 69 cars  (any wing) and the 69 physics in gem+ alll that loads is my 67 cars.

Edited by Pawgy, Oct 24 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#4 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,319 posts

Posted Oct 24 2015 - 05:30 PM

If you have Indexing enabled, why would you get that error?  Also, make sure, as in the right part of that picture, that no other box is ticked.

Are you talking about the 69 mod or the 69 Extra mod?  Read the 69mod X'tra IMPORTANT notes.txt > Installation in the GPL folder.  It uses the gplx69.exe

For the 69Extra mod, you should remove the high and low wing car graphics folders and just use cars69.

4/Select your 69mod player and select "69-extra" for the player. Check that "cars69" has been selected.

cars69 folder contains all the original cars from 69Hwng,69Lwng,69Mwng plus some new car folders.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Oct 24 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,319 posts

Posted Oct 24 2015 - 05:38 PM

Thinking way back I seem to remember that the NTFS error came up erroneously.  Anyone else remember that?

But if I remember, you can just ignore it if the indexing is enabled.

#6 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Oct 25 2015 - 02:26 AM

When I had that error pop up it was because I didn't have indexing selected; it happen a couple of times during all these years.
I never had a false alarm on that regard.

You can have indexing selected for C:/ but not for some of its subfolders. I will go in SIERRA folder and select the indexing service allowing also for subfolders. It does not hurt to try, if it is already indexed nothing will happen :)

#7 Pawgy

Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • 249 posts

Posted Oct 26 2015 - 01:25 PM

used rto have the 69 mod and the 69 extra mod running just fine . Now ,no matter what i try I get the error box when loading either.  have removed the GPLC.exe  form the main install and the gpl 69  folder from the mods gem+   folder.  gem+ reinstalls them but still get the error box and cannot run eithe the 69mod or the 69 ext mod.   I f  I go to the main gpl folder and click on the .exe for either  69 mod the 67 mod loads. insatead.  
ready to give up on th 68's altogather.

By the way. ....I do have allow indexing checked for my c drive and gor GPL fplder.

Edited by Pawgy, Oct 26 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#8 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,319 posts

Posted Oct 26 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostPawgy, on Oct 26 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

I have removed the gpl 69  folder from the mods gem+  folder.  GEM+ reinstalls them

Why did you remove that folder?  First off that's not the 69 Extra mod folder, and secondly, I'm pretty sure that GEM doesn't replace that folder.

The 69 extra mod uses the gplx69.exe Try removing that.

Have you changed the compatibility?  Right click on the GPL.EXE > Properties > Compatibility and make sure that none of the boxes are ticked.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Oct 26 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#9 Pawgy

Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • 249 posts

Posted Oct 27 2015 - 06:31 AM

Just did a complete reinstall of original 69mod.  Uninstalled everything related to 69 mods  Re downloaded and reinstalled. sedlected the 69 carsets and the 69 physics.   Hit the go button and the 67 mod loaded.  All other mods workin well.

#10 TvO

TvO

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Unknown
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Oct 27 2015 - 07:00 AM

Take us through what you are doing step by step aided by some screenshots. It has to be something like checking or unchecking a box somewhere where we don't think about. Usually, a mod crashes is something is awry. Never does it revert back to 67, so this means the 69 mod is never activated at all in the first place.

Tommie.

#11 Pawgy

Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • 249 posts

Posted Oct 27 2015 - 10:20 AM

Went thru my gpl folder and deleted all my 69 entries. In the cars section and in the mod folder. then i used a brand new .download of the 69 mod .rar. and reinstalled the 69 mod.
Went to gem+ and chose the 69 carset and the 69 physics. just like alll my other mods that work fine. I hit the green GPL start button and the 67 mod loads.
iF i select a car other than the high wing I get the error box.
Thanks very much for trying to help but I am Just going to leave the 69 mod alone as i have all the others that run fine.   Must be something in my old xp operating system that does not like the 69 mod.

#12 Alter

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Oct 27 2015 - 10:38 AM

I also didn't succed to run mod 69 and mod 69 x. Got to eliminate mod 69, now the extended one runs without problem.

#13 TvO

TvO

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:Unknown
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Oct 27 2015 - 03:55 PM

Pawgy, you say selecting a car other than the high wings. You can not select 1969 mod car graphics in GEM+. Possibly you are confusing the original 69 mod with the 69 extra mod. Install 69-Extra, activate 69-Extra in Gem+, select 1969 Grand Prix (69-Extra) for your player, and make sure cars69 car folder is selected. Do not select 69Hwng or 69Lwng

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links