Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Simracing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 04:18 AM

Hi there!

I've known GPL for some years. The thing is, my old wheel broke a few years back and I lost the vibe, due to work and all...fastforward and I got a G29.

So, I'm starting fresh. Just followed the easy install guide, and got the shfiter to work and all.

Now i have a question regarding mods.

I installed GEM+ and I think i got the hang of it. but I have a doubt, I launch with GEM or close it and run de .exe in the gpl folder?

Another one, I see the mods, but i have questions about the tracks and mods. Wich ones go with wich mods?? I got confused with the season.ini's and de GP.ini's....

I open the track folder and I have  lots of subfolders with track names, but I only installed enna and pau. I'm a bit rusty with all of this.

Sorry for the inconvinence guys!

Kudos

#2 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 04:33 AM

Some track sub-folders are created by the cars MODs installer that add some files to have that particular track run with the proper drivers in a race. This does not mean that you can drive the track until you install it; to be sure, just open the sub-folder and check if there is a [trackname].DAT file, if so you have installed that track, other wise you need to get it from the track database :)

I usually always use GEM+ green button to enter GPL; it's easier since you can add features like No Letterbox, 60 FPS or Weather patches on the fly.

#3 pinfa55

pinfa55

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Simracing

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 08:19 AM

hi again,

What is the difference between Season and the GP ini's?

Thank you

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 08:40 AM

GP.ini is the list of tracks for Championship races in a season.  ie for 1967 F1 there were 8 races.
67season.ini (or other years - class of cars) is a collection of tracks available beyond the Championship races.  Can be selected for 'Single' race or 'Training'.

Edited by gliebzeit, Mar 30 2021 - 08:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links