• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music & Guitar playing
    Hockey, golf, F1 & downhill skiing
    Foto & film
    and GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 11:14 AM

As I allways pic one car (with a few exceptions) to race in each of the three Mods I use (F1 67, F1 69X and SC 67) AND used to work with graphics I've been amused by personalize my car with name tags and swedish flag (as well as my helmet and face). Has been worth it as I just have had ONE set of cars each season to deal with. It's very easy in SC67 as I just have to create one car body. A bit more work in 69X as the Matra MS80 I drive comes in five differnet shapes, but I did it and can select the correct car to each of the races.

When 67 Historical v1 arrived, the folder structure for the cars followed the 11 races, so I had to put one different car in each. Even if the same car was used in many races I wasn't lazy enough just to copy in the same versions (even if I could ;) ) . I checked out pics and noticed they used different name tag, placement of those and so on.., and made 11 versions of my personalized Lotus. Some homework but it was fun.

Now, with the v2, I'm a bit lost in the folder structure. It's an amazing Mod and I really appreciate it. But if I somehow could use my 11 .MIP's my v1 edits it would be just great. But the demands of getting every race historical correct (I guess) have made the folder structure a bit more complicated.

To start with, and if someone who knows cares, some hint of what folders involved if the option is to identify the .mip (of if embedded in .dat, as you can override use of a .dat in a .mip if you put the .mip in the same folder.) used to the GPL gamer that launched the race from GEM?

The car folder has now subfolders for each of the 67 Champ races (1967-1 to 1967-7) My guess is that those is just to put out just the accurate cars for that race if you racing with AI's. Am I right?

Then there's the more traditional carfolder, here cars67. The subfolder 'lotus' (my only concern here). Different from the other Mods I've handled that folder holds numbered lotus files like lot1.mip and so on. My .mip's of the Lotus I drive from the v1-version is very easy to understand as they all is named 'lot27' (user driver num) and are just separated as they are in the specific race folders. The cNum folders was the ones that differed the cars.

Would be great to re-use them (naturally re-named but the graphics the same) but I need some hints to understand the logics in the more advanced structure of v2. Appreciate any help here.

Edited by MickeK, Sep 03 2020 - 11:20 AM.

#2 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Sep 03 2020 - 11:26 AM

The picture I reposted in this thread might help you with the V2 cars folder structure.

http://srmz.net/inde...l=&fromsearch=1

#3 MickeK

MickeK

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music & Guitar playing
    Hockey, golf, F1 & downhill skiing
    Foto & film
    and GPL

Posted Sep 05 2020 - 02:12 AM

Ooops. Seems to answer in the thread you linked to. Was ment to be here:

Interesting material and noted that some might be wrong.

As I did in v1 I will go for the Jim Clark choice of Lotus for each race and use those car-mip's for edits. Or hopefully copy in my edited Lotus'es from v1.

Any hint of how the new v2-structure identify folders of those? According to GEM+, and how I initiate the 67 races to get the correct car, it's either the Lotus33 BRM or Lotus 49
Then I need to know how to identify the 'user' car. In all the other (at least in the three Mods I've experienced) it allways use '27' in the filename.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links