sabrina

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:solving GPL problems
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 07:00 PM

I have been enjoying GPL since it first came out and I have all the mods that are available. However, lately,  am having issues assigning axis with my Logitech Momo steering wheel, I keep getting "unassigned" a real headache to set up and calibrate.

My second issue is selecting a car to drive from the "Team Info" list. It seems to be stuck on just one car and won't allow me to select anything else. Does anyone know how to cure these issues?  These just developed recently for some unknown reason and I'm not comfortable toying around with the Registry if in
fact that is what it takes to fix these issues.

Thanks for any help you can render. BTW, I'm a guy, Sabrina is my dogs name. For convenience my email is pre36@cox.net
Thanks,
Paul

#2 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 08:02 PM

Hi sabrina, can't you change cars in GEM+ ?  As for the steering wheel, have you tried unpatching GPLshift and re patching it again ? I've had to do this in the past and it solve the problem but I use a G27 wheel. I don't know if that really matters.

#3 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • 1,712 posts

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 08:50 PM

Paul, you select the car to drive with the Player Info menu, not the Team Info menu.

#4 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,417 posts

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 08:52 PM

The Team Info menu only shows the specs of the cars. You have to change the player's car in the Player Info menu.

You must do the axis range calibration before you try to assign axes. When you're doing the calibration at first, the axis will be labelled as "Unassigned"

#5 sabrina

sabrina

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 09:14 PM

marco lenarduzzi, on Jan 21 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

Hi sabrina, can't you change cars in GEM+ ?  As for the steering wheel, have you tried unpatching GPLshift and re patching it again ? I've had to do this in the past and it solve the problem but I use a G27 wheel. I don't know if that really matters.

By "unpatching" do you mean deleted it and then reinstalling? If so, yes, I tried that a number of times. When I program the controls, I can get the throttle & brake to work right but the steering wheel keeps giving me the "unassigned."  Unfortunately, due to medical issues, I was away from GPL for quite some time and it seems to be a struggle to get everything working again..

Bob Simpson, on Jan 21 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

The Team Info menu only shows the specs of the cars. You have to change the player's car in the Player Info menu.

You must do the axis range calibration before you try to assign axes. When you're doing the calibration at first, the axis will be labelled as "Unassigned"

I am able to assign the brake & throttle and it provides a number for those but when I try to go through the "steer left" and then :"steer right" it doesn't accept it, and still shows unassigned.
I do thank you for chiming in though, wonderful bunch of gents on GPL, what a fantastic sim it is. I need to get Gem 2 installed and I'm having trouble with that as well.

#6 sabrina

sabrina

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 09:29 PM

sabrina, on Jan 21 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

By "unpatching" do you mean deleted it and then reinstalling? If so, yes, I tried that a number of times. When I program the controls, I can get the throttle & brake to work right but the steering wheel keeps giving me the "unassigned."  Unfortunately, due to medical issues, I was away from GPL for quite some time and it seems to be a struggle to get everything working again..

I am able to assign the brake & throttle and it provides a number for those but when I try to go through the "steer left" and then :"steer right" it doesn't accept it, and still shows unassigned.
I do thank you for chiming in though, wonderful bunch of gents on GPL, what a fantastic sim it is. I need to get Gem 2 installed and I'm having trouble with that as well.

Oh boy, thank you, I followed your instructions and can change cars, awesome, or as we used to say back in my day, "COOL"? Now if I can just get the damn steering calibrated I'm back in business except for Gem 2, need to get that working again also. My computer may need some work, I did get a message that a file "redline.DLL" was missing. I researched it and got nowhere

#7 sabrina

sabrina

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 21 2020 - 09:36 PM

regarding Gem, when I try to open it I get this error message," no players found in GPL install. Please start GPL manually and create a player before starting Gem+" I do have my own name as the driver in the field of GPL where it asks for it, yellow helmet country USA etc. So I don't understand why this error message is popping up or what else they want me to do.
Thanks again. Sabrina

#8 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,471 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 22 2020 - 02:18 AM

Hello Paul (Sabrina),

here you find instructions on GEM+ and how to create players and more:

GPL Easy Installation Guide
http://www.gplworld....tallation-guide

:wave:

#9 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted Jan 22 2020 - 10:38 PM

sabrina, on Jan 21 2020 - 09:29 PM, said:

Oh boy, thank you, I followed your instructions and can change cars, awesome, or as we used to say back in my day, "COOL"? Now if I can just get the damn steering calibrated I'm back in business except for Gem 2, need to get that working again also. My computer may need some work, I did get a message that a file "redline.DLL" was missing. I researched it and got nowhere
What I mean by unpatching is to go into your gpl folder and find the gplshift patch.exe and double click on it and if it's on, you'll see a box with,"It seems we've patched GPL.exe before,so just click on no,and start GPL or click on yes for unpatching GPL.exe ." So if it's already patched click on yes to unpatch it and go through the same procedure again to patch it.

#10 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted Jan 23 2020 - 09:58 AM

Hello Sabrina,

I have a Logitech Momo too...and I had a lot of headache too after I drive gpl in Windows10.
After every restart of Windows the axis are completely crazy. When I press the throttle the steering reacts.
I found out the problems gone when I disconnect and reconnect the USB plug of the wheel after every restart of the PC.

I hope it helps.

BR Olaf

#11 mrc666

mrc666

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports,computergames related to simracing.

Posted Feb 13 2020 - 04:44 AM

Hi ,is it possible to select and drive a specific car in GPL?For instance i want to drive the red car from Bruce MLaren.I can only select Dan Gurney' car to drive.I'm using Gem+.Maybe i'm overlooked something?

#12 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:graphic design

Posted Feb 13 2020 - 05:16 AM

mrc666, on Feb 13 2020 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hi ,is it possible to select and drive a specific car in GPL?For instance i want to drive the red car from Bruce MLaren.I can only select Dan Gurney' car to drive.I'm using Gem+.Maybe i'm overlooked something?

Hi,

it needs a bit of handwork. Check the car folder in file manager. McLaren's car is either in a subfolder, or readable from file name. As I remember, in GPL67 you always drive the no.4 car. So look for pla4, backup the file, and save a copy of McLaren's car paint with pla4 name.

Please note, I'm absolutely not sure that pla4 filename, and I can't check it at the moment. But if you use Image Viewer, you can see which files you need.

Edited by fajanko, Feb 13 2020 - 05:16 AM.

#13 GPLaps

GPLaps

GPLaps

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Feb 13 2020 - 06:19 AM

If you install the 67x mod the McLaren becomes another car you can select. You can find that mod here:
http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=12389

#14 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted Feb 14 2020 - 12:46 AM

If you download the 4.0 GPLEA Eagle from their site here https://gplea.autosimsport.net/
you can drive the red McLaren. The site doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment. I keep getting "Internal Server Error". Maybe someone here knows something about this ? Anyway, if no one minds if I upload the file, I will.

#15 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted Feb 14 2020 - 01:04 AM

marco lenarduzzi, on Feb 14 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

If you download the 4.0 GPLEA Eagle from their site here https://gplea.autosimsport.net/
you can drive the red McLaren. The site doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment. I keep getting "Internal Server Error". Maybe someone here knows something about this ? Anyway, if no one minds if I upload the file, I will.
Just found where you can download 4.0 Eagle here  http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3816

Edited by marco lenarduzzi, Feb 14 2020 - 01:05 AM.

#16 TvO

TvO

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:Unknown
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Feb 14 2020 - 12:37 PM

http://www.grandprix...s.c1.biz/GPLEA/

:)

Edited by TvO, Feb 14 2020 - 12:38 PM.