I'm not sure if we are to post our impressions here, or only bug reports, but I had a quick go and my first impressions are very good indeed!
I had an issue with the '67 patch (I assume: gpl threw "error code: 9"), and don't know how to uninstall it; luckily I had an older install kicking about.
I've posted some pics of graphs I took from the log file, after about 10 or so laps with the keyboard at Kyalami in the Whale, including a crash or two.
For those that are interested in the mod itself:
The graphs show the inner brake temperature, surface brake temperature, brake "fade" figure (actually inverted, logically speaking), and tyre "wear" (inverted, scaled to 0% "wear" = 90% actual condition.)
I don't use pribluda, and wouldn't know how to log it anway, so no tyre temps; sorry.
- Point 1: I was just faffing on the pit-straight up to this point, trying to deliberately damage the suspension. I get repaired and out on track.
- Point 2: I go off under braking at turn one (stupid keyboard), and lose my front left. Brake temps soar as I crawl back to the pits.
- Point 3: Repairs start, finishing at...
- Point 4: Brake temps drop slightly as I get up to speed for the first corner, where I get a slight yaw under braking. The brakes are now warm enough, so the fade figure hovers around ~100%
- Afterwards, the temperatures gradually keep rising, looking to settle out at 275 °C internal. Fade is also a minor issue into the first corner now. I finally drop off the circuit again after 5 laps, at the first corner (again...)
I should probably try to run for longer, if I can get the consistency on the 'board. Know also that my setup wasn't very keyboard friendly, so I had lots of under-steer.
I was lapping at about 1' 31", with no spins; this, combined with the braking "help", probably mitigates some of the fade.
I'm missing the effective brake balance here, which changes according to the differential in (average?) temperature fore and aft. As the brakes are warming up, since the fronts warm up faster, the effective balance is further forward (61 - nice, on cold tyres
) - it settles on the setup figure (57) once the brakes are warmed through.
Sorry about the colours - it looked fine in MATLAB
Edited by identiti_crisis, Sep 01 2010 - 07:11 AM.