• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 veeman

veeman

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:GPL, slot racing, Time Trials.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 11 2019 - 03:32 PM

I have a problem with the AI cars that appear in replays. This affects the replays I have recorded and the original replays that came with GPL. It seems that what ever Mod and car that I have active in GEM, all of the cars in the replay will be the same. For example, if I have the BRM 139 in the 69x mod active in GEM, then all the cars in the replay are BRM 139s.  If I change to a different mod in GEM, the problem follows.

I am using Windows 8.1. I don't know exactly when this problem started. Just noticed it a week or so ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please keep any suggestions as simple as possible as my computer knowledge is rather simple.

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,380 posts

Posted Feb 12 2019 - 08:28 PM

This would be related to an AI related ini file, I think. There are many in the GPL folder. Did you modify or delete any of them?

#3 Waylon

Waylon

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 09:36 AM

Would Markenpokal give this symptom if it wasn't undone? Or possibly this Mech driver.ini?

http://srmz.net/inde...=993

I have never used either but the strange Markenpokal name has stuck in my mind for years.
This thought might give Bob a clue.

#4 veeman

veeman

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 10:52 AM

Bob,

No, I did not modify or delete any of them knowingly. That is way beyond my computer abilities.

#5 TvO

TvO

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Interests:Unknown
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 12:23 PM

The original replays that come with GPL do not feature computer opponents (AI = Artificial Intelligence) . What do you mean when you say 'AI'?

If you mean the demonstration laps, like the one from Matt Sentell at Watkins Glen, he's driving a Lotus 49. However, if you fire up the 1965 mod and open the replay, you'll suddenly see him driving a 1965 Lotus 33. GPL does not remember with which mod a replay is saved, so you'll see the cars from that mod whatever replay you open.

#6 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,380 posts

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:19 PM

Right TvO. Just to clarify - you need to change the mod in GEM to the mod that the replay was recorded with or you'll see odd cars.

#7 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 04:02 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't respond as veeman said that all the cars in a replay were the same.  I assumed he meant the AI too which really would be weird.

#8 veeman

veeman

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted Feb 13 2019 - 04:24 PM

OK. I was NOT doing what Bob explained in post #6. I didn't realize I had to have the mod active in Gem to match the mod in the replay. When I do that, everything is fine.

Many thanks to all who provided assistance. Another example of the wonderful people who are part of the GPL community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links