Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:historic rally
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 17 2020 - 12:54 PM

So, ive tried to find help for the past 4 years on and off now, and this is my last attempt. Long story short, every mod other than Sports Car '67 and the GP '55 Seasons mods will crash as soon as i enter a race. for example, i can start the 1965 season mod, with all it's tracks installed and it will let me get to the main menus, but once i start a race, and try to enter my car, the game crashes. I just wish someone out there had the same issue with this sim, because it really is a great one!

This mod along with a lot of others is broken, and will not run on anything newer than windows XP, sorry but youll have to buy a new partition or computer for that. In fact, the only mods that will work on windows 8and up aside from custom tracks are the 1955 Season and 1967 Sports Car season mods, i hate how much praise this sim gets because it's really outdated from a technical standpoint, i hate it too, because no other sim ive played matches the driving feel here, but this sim is just too dead and old, and people who play it dont know a damn thing about these modern system issues. i hate when something good is forgotten..

Edited by ginetto, May 19 2020 - 08:33 AM.

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, MotoGP

60fps GPL

Posted May 17 2020 - 01:07 PM

The only broken mod is your banana OS!

Try linux...

My office PC with ApolloLake Pentium iGPU eats 12 watts and runs GPL every mod.

Attached Files

Edited by Cookie, May 17 2020 - 01:23 PM.

#3 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • 1,810 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted May 17 2020 - 01:46 PM

View PostCompyableaphid52, on May 17 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

This mod along with a lot of others is broken, and will not run on anything newer than windows XP, sorry but youll have to buy a new partition or computer for that. In fact, the only mods that will work on windows 8and up aside from custom tracks are the 1955 Season and 1967 Sports Car season mods, i hate how much praise this sim gets because it's really outdated from a technical standpoint, i hate it too, because no other sim ive played matches the driving feel here, but this sim is just too dead and old, and people who play it dont know a damn thing about these modern system issues. i hate when something good is forgotten..

On the contrary, GPL and all its mods run on all Windows versions including Windows 10.

For example, see this thread for how to run GPL with Windows 10.

http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=12523

The issues you are having are with your PC, not GPL.  I'm sure someone here can help.

#4 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 17 2020 - 02:03 PM

View PostLee200, on May 17 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

On the contrary, GPL and all its mods run on all Windows versions including Windows 10.

For example, see this thread for how to run GPL with Windows 10.

http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=12523

The issues you are having are with your PC, not GPL.  I'm sure someone here can help.
yeah it has to be my pc, ive already tried everything there multiple times over

#5 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 17 2020 - 02:04 PM

none, absolutely NONE of this has worked for me ever..

#6 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Power & Glory Mod V3.2 for GTR2, Nascar Racing 2003, Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Sim interest:other

Posted May 17 2020 - 03:35 PM

Not sure if I have the solution for you.I have had similar CTDs once or twice and it was because of a missing sound file in the sound directory. My GPL install is with all mods (except Stratos and Thundercars) and they all work without any problem via GEM+. I use the V2 OpenGL Rasterizer. I hope this helps.

Edited by Marx, May 17 2020 - 03:35 PM.

#7 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted May 17 2020 - 03:44 PM

I had the same with the Sportcar and 1966 mod, all the other mods worked fine. For me it was my antivirus software (ESET) that caused the CTD.
Adding the gpl**.exe's to the HIPS (host intrusion prevention system) exclusion list fixed it.  

Can also be firewall settings, just add all the executables to the exclusion lists.

Edited by Millennium, May 17 2020 - 03:44 PM.

#8 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 17 2020 - 03:53 PM

FWIW, GPL has proven remarkably stable alone or with mods;  I have run it in W95, XP, Vista, and Win7 with very few problems.  The crash when you hit the green button is usually due to a missing, corrupt, or misnamed sound file.

#9 Brocky05

Brocky05

King of the Mountain

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:I'm Way Too Addicted to GPL For Anything Else

Posted May 17 2020 - 07:55 PM

if you start your own thread stating what kind of problems you are having

what type of computer you have cpu video card memory what sort of software are you using

people will help you get started

you wont get help just tacking "none, absolutely NONE of this has worked for me ever.." onto the end of some random thread

#10 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 17 2020 - 08:17 PM

cpu is a 5th gen 4790k, gpu is a gtx 960, im running this all through windows 8, all mods but the 1955 GP and the 1967 SportsCar seasons crash upon entering a race. This is very frustrating because out of all of my personal desktops, not a single one wouldnt give me the same result. And one of said rigs just so happens to be an XP machine, which one would think would run these old mods quite nicely. However, custom tracks seem to have no issue, so if im stuck with 2 mods and the vanilla game its definitely not utter hell for me.

Edited by Compyableaphid52, May 17 2020 - 08:21 PM.

#11 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 17 2020 - 08:24 PM

Could my issue perhaps be because im running my game on a separate drive? i use my windows C strictly for startup and booting related programs just because its only got 120gb but if that's the case, i wouldnt mind having GPL on it..

#12 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted May 17 2020 - 08:56 PM

If you are using GEM+ you need to delete the .exes for each mod and let GEM+ rebuild them the next time you start it up. This is the first thing I can think of. Your Antivirus may also be the culprit or even your firewall. If this is the case then you need to add each mod's .exe to the exclusions list. Did you use the latest installer (Version 1.08)?
If not you can get it here https://gplps.wordpr...pl-installer/  

Usually GPLPS installer V.1.08 has many things included to make things easier and GPL World can probably answer most if not all your questions. You can find that
here http://gplworld.de/e...nd-prix-legends
Good luck,I hope you get it working.

Edited by marco lenarduzzi, May 17 2020 - 08:59 PM.

#13 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 18 2020 - 01:01 AM

View Postmarco lenarduzzi, on May 17 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

If you are using GEM+ you need to delete the .exes for each mod and let GEM+ rebuild them the next time you start it up. This is the first thing I can think of. Your Antivirus may also be the culprit or even your firewall. If this is the case then you need to add each mod's .exe to the exclusions list. Did you use the latest installer (Version 1.08)?
If not you can get it here https://gplps.wordpr...pl-installer/  

Usually GPLPS installer V.1.08 has many things included to make things easier and GPL World can probably answer most if not all your questions. You can find that
here http://gplworld.de/e...nd-prix-legends
Good luck,I hope you get it working.
i am in fact using the GPLPS package, and unfortunately, i have already tried letting GEM build new executables, i doubt ill get this to run correctly.

#14 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 18 2020 - 01:47 AM

On a couple of occasions I've experienced something similar - the base game ran fine but suddenly none of the mods would run;  one of these times GEM would rebuild the exe files every time I started it (whether I'd deleted them or not).  If memory serves me well I removed the GEM folder from the game and reinstalled GEM, and I seem to recall an issue with an XML file (there's the old thread about this somewhere here).

#15 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 18 2020 - 01:53 PM

View Postjgf, on May 18 2020 - 01:47 AM, said:

On a couple of occasions I've experienced something similar - the base game ran fine but suddenly none of the mods would run;  one of these times GEM would rebuild the exe files every time I started it (whether I'd deleted them or not).  If memory serves me well I removed the GEM folder from the game and reinstalled GEM, and I seem to recall an issue with an XML file (there's the old thread about this somewhere here).
I've done many reinstalls, how exactly would one tell what sound file or files are missing?

#16 paul_v

paul_v

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:grand prix legends and mods

Posted May 18 2020 - 03:18 PM

Now that Sir, is a very good question. I need to check just how many sound files are in GPL.. seems a scary thought.

I'm sorry to hear about all your GPL issues and of course hope it gets sorted.

I did think the idea of trying the demo's an excellent one. Well worth a try. Their are other demos than the 2020 to try. Give them all a go.

Good luck.

#17 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,068 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted May 18 2020 - 05:10 PM

View PostCompyableaphid52, on May 17 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

Could my issue perhaps be because im running my game on a separate drive? i use my windows C strictly for startup and booting related programs just because its only got 120gb but if that's the case, i wouldnt mind having GPL on it..

The software is drive agnostic I got a similar setup and GPL works fine.

#18 Compyableaphid52

Compyableaphid52

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted May 18 2020 - 09:03 PM

View PostMichkov, on May 18 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

The software is drive agnostic I got a similar setup and GPL works fine.
Yeah, I tried it anways, nothing new. although i did get the Formula 2 mod to work but nothing else new.

#19 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted May 18 2020 - 10:16 PM

Here is my gpl sound folder in 2 parts. Attached File  GPL sounds 1.7z   20.5MB   0 downloads

#20 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted May 18 2020 - 10:31 PM

Here is part 2. You can replace your files one by one,trial and error or just replace all at once it's up to you but make sure that you replace only for the mods you have installed.   Attached File  GPL sounds 2.7z   26.04MB   0 downloads

My installed mods are 55,65,66,67historic,68,69 F1   66,71 Can Am,  F2,  Sports Cars, Stratos mod. 68&64 Tasman series.  

I hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links