#46 miker

miker

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jul 14 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostBob Simpson, on Jul 14 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'd recommend using the GEM utility.  When you select Race, there is a place to adjust AI Speed.  From the GEM Help > GEM+ Mode Selector Race:

AI Speed

This alters the NPT_Override setting in gpl_ai.ini. A value of zero sets the AI to Papy's default behavior which is to adjust speed depending on your laptimes. By default GEM+ keeps a separate NPT value for each player and Carset but you can change this in the configuration window.

The default value for this is 0. With it set thus, GPL automatically adjusts the AI speed depending on your past performance. It aims to keep you finishing somewhere around 5th or 6th.

It doesn’t always work well though and most people prefer to set it manually.

A setting of 1 puts the AI to their natural speed. Anything less than 1 speeds them up, anything higher slows them down.

The driver.ini is for adjusting each AI drivers attributes indivually and is a big topic.  There's a tutorial at http://home.online.n...g/track_ini.htm for adjusting the track.ini which changes the overall AI speeds.
ONCE AGAIN, THANKS - I'LL PLAY WITH IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

#47 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 07:03 PM

gonna check this out, thanks :)

#48 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 12:30 AM

I have modified the opening post and removed the RSC link and have added the link to the GPLPS beta page here: http://gplps.wordpre...-gpl-installer/

#49 Andreh

Andreh

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi Bernd, I need to bug you again! :)
Ive used the 1.07 beta installer
Got the 1.2 and 1.3 shortcuts.
Installed Gem .32

So how do I know what gpl67 version Im running? IS it possible to have both in the same install?
When I click on gplc67 it says its version is 2.0.2
At GEM there is a box ticked, enforce 64 track limits, and even unticking it every time I reload Gem its ticked again.

About the track updates, I believe you written that the original are uptodate and historically accurate(exception Monaco) but up to what date?
The forum has inumeral threads with new updates, like the huge ongoing Nurby one :)
So Im afraid of installing something older/worst than we already have, and probably reinstalling the same files over.

I thought that white box on gem had options to use several addon, like pribluda. Now I only have option of selecting the carsound patch.

Maybe Ive done something wrong....

Thank you for your work and help!

#50 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi Andreh,
1.2.0.2 is the "normal" version. 1.3 is the patched version only active using GEM+ or by using the GPLC67.exe which is the the desktop link. Maybe I ask Arturo or whoever if the mainmc67.pbf is only used by the 1.3 Grand Prix Legends version. Then we could add a 1.3 to the bitmap so it's clear which version you are using. At least when starting Grand Prix Legends from GEM+ or from GPLC67.exe.

Most track updates are not absolutly up to date. The used updates are included in the repository folder. If you want to try some updates simple make a backup of the track folder before you apply the update and that's it ;)
Nurby updates are included however not the last version from Nurby. But I would say it's more or less a very up2date version :)

I removed the other options from GEM+ after brr requested it. Main reason is that it's better to download those from here. There are different versions available and the guys around here are happy to help which "addon" has which advantages.

Pribluda is activated by default. If you need help please ask here :)

I hope that this helps a bit.

#51 Andreh

Andreh

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:29 PM

sure it does.
Ive reopened the installer and took a closer look at the track options, it all seems spot on.
If I understood correctly even being 1.3 windows will tell its 1.2. Im fine with that.
So basically if I need to load the old Grand Prix Legends I have to run Grand Prix Legends.exe straight from windows, skipping Gem, right?

#52 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 11:38 PM

You are right Andreh. 1.2.0.2 will be run using the Grand Prix Legends.exe :)

#53 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostBernd Nowak, on Nov 19 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hi Andreh,
1.2.0.2 is the "normal" version. 1.3 is the patched version only active using GEM+ or by using the GPLC67.exe which is the the desktop link. Maybe I ask Arturo or whoever if the mainmc67.pbf is only used by the 1.3 Grand Prix Legends version. Then we could add a 1.3 to the bitmap so it's clear which version you are using. At least when starting Grand Prix Legends from GEM+ or from GPLC67.exe.

Most track updates are not absolutly up to date. The used updates are included in the repository folder. If you want to try some updates simple make a backup of the track folder before you apply the update and that's it ;)
Nurby updates are included however not the last version from Nurby. But I would say it's more or less a very up2date version :)

I removed the other options from GEM+ after brr requested it. Main reason is that it's better to download those from here. There are different versions available and the guys around here are happy to help which "addon" has which advantages.

Pribluda is activated by default. If you need help please ask here :)

I hope that this helps a bit.

I have installed a 2nd G.P.L. on my PC using the Beta Installer. Exceptional & outstanding ! :up:

It is so much better to have the cars & tracks much more up to date then with the previuos installer, where it took time to download
add-ons & so forth.  When you finish the install with the new Beta Installer, you have great cars & tracks & sounds and you get
great optional files as well in the repository file. A lot of work and time must have been invested in this. Just wanted to let you know it
works very well ! :thankyou:

#54 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yes, Bernd has been a stalwart (to steal a phrase from Dangermouse) of GPL for years.  We all owe him many thanks for the hard work he has put into the GPL installer among many other contributions.

Thank you Bernd.  :bowdown2:

#55 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 09:47 PM

:notworthy:   Thanks to all , who keep GPL alive !

Edited by davef, Jan 28 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#56 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 12:02 AM

I cant reach the gplps.org website to download the latest installer. 1.07 I belive. Is there another location where to download the installer? Generally I'd suggest spreading files over various hosting sites so you have mirrors should the main one go offline.

For when I get my hands(mouse?) on the installer do I need my GPL disk or can I install it like the 04 demo?

#57 Larko29

Larko29

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 02:43 AM

Michcov

You will need the CD to use the installer, hopefully the link can be updated soon so you can get back on track.

Craig

#58 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 04:48 AM

Works just fine here
http://gplps.wordpre...-gpl-installer/

#59 shemp

shemp

Bob Anderson

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Vintage race cars, Winter rallying, GPL, making my sim set-up more and more realistic and Bell Haven Scottish Stout!!

Posted Oct 15 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi all,

I had to uninstall GPL because it got really unstable (after I tried getting my GTR2  f1 1988 mod going with some updates) and went looking for the GPLPS I had originally used back in2010? Anyways, I downloaded the latest beta, thank you so much, but noticed a big hit in the graphics. The one I had to uninstall had impressive graphics and I feel as though I am missing an update or something. Can anyone maybe shed some light on this little issue?

Thanks
Shemp!

#60 RacerBG

RacerBG

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Old (classic) racing games.

Posted May 19 2014 - 12:48 PM

Just a trivial question: When we can expect a new version of the installer? I think after the release of the Spa 67 it will be good time. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links