- - - - -

I Have A Huge Collection Of Vintage Racing Pictures...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 10 2019 - 03:45 PM

I'm not sure where they came from. I found them on Reddit many, many moons ago, grabbed the lot. I've no idea the source, where they're from or anything. Specifically I'm not sure of the copyright on them. (None of them are watermarked in any way.)

Now I don't want to step on any toes, get in trouble, or get the board in trouble. Is there any interest in me posting the period appropriate ones here? (The archive has stuff up the early 90's it seems.)

Didn't want to start posting stuff without getting permission. Just wanted to share if it would be allowed.

#2 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 10 2019 - 07:12 PM

Well if in doubt, you could make imgur galleries or upload to hosting sites like mega.nz or megaupload (dunno which the best is). Basically try to find ones that don't expire. I used to use postimg.org because they said they didn't expire, but then i went back and it turns out they deleted stuff :/ So having stuff in more than one place can help.

I try not to upload pictures here cos i don't want to waste their hosting and increase costs, but that's just me.

I'm certainly interested though :) And things like that are always helpful to mod creators too.
You could try splitting them up by circuit or by time period etc.

#3 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted Apr 11 2019 - 02:11 PM

Didn't think of the sites bandwidth costs. D'OH! I'll go through them and upload them to Imgur maybe. Megaupload is long dead, and mega.nz is owned by some shady Chinese company now I believe.

Thanks for the info.

#4 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 11 2019 - 06:24 PM

Even if mega.nz is owned by a dodgy company, i'd recommend uploading to either there, a google drive or ms drive (skydrive is it) in a zip / 7zip just for archival, as imgur can re-encode the image files which trashes quality. At least I remember it changing some pngs to jpgs, so there's that.

I mean it's not like it's personal data so i wouldn't be too worried. In fact a chinese company having your info is less likely to affect you than google, microsoft, facebook etc having it. They're all as dodgy as each other to be honest.

#5 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted Apr 12 2019 - 02:39 PM

Actually I'm paying for Google cloud space so Google will do. Why did I not think of that? I blame brain rot. HAHA!\

I shall trawl though them this weekend and delete ones that aren't worth it. (I downloaded them at least 5 years ago and have never really looked at them.)

Edited by Spadowski, Apr 12 2019 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links