- - - - -

Gpl Shift - Logitech Dfgt & Driving Force Shifter W' Usb Adapter.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn6522

Glenn6522

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix legends, Historic motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 26 2020 - 10:19 AM

Hi all, Just thought id post this as i'm having quite and interesting time right now with trying to set up GPL shift.

So my way with sim racing has been to keep the cost down as much as possible, I got myself a old Driving Force GT wheel (No clutch pedal) for around 60 pounds a few months ago and yesterday for Christmas i got a Driving Force shifter with a USB connector to fit it, As i did find out there i would have to get a USB adapter otherwise id have to shell out for a new wheel, Not preferable.

At any rate i dont think GPL shift is auto detecting that i have this new shifter despite it being Logitech (and my rather cost cutting measures). The question I'm asking is am i going to have to work out how to build my own shifter as stated in the readme and if so how do i go around doing that? I'm not massively technically minded (It took me multiple days to even install GPL properly in the first place) and my brain feels like its melting currently at the prospect of this!

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated because i really enjoy the sim, I just want to add extra flavour with the H pattern.  

Hope you all had a good Christmas!

#2 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Dec 27 2020 - 02:38 PM

I think if you take the shifter model off auto and name it #.USB, it will work. For example, my line says Shifter_Model = 2.USB because my shifter is second on the list in the controller panel, my wheel being first. Check your controller panel to see where it is listed and make sure the number in #.USB matches it.

Edited by dbell84, Dec 27 2020 - 02:41 PM.

#3 Glenn6522

Glenn6522

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix legends, Historic motor racing

Posted Dec 27 2020 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for that! It’s all working now!

For anyone else reading this that has a Driving Force GT and Separate Logitech shifter with USB setup, It’ll more than likely list the controller as an Arduino Leonardo in the Game controller list so that’ll be ‘ Shifter_Model = 1.USB ‘ because it’ll list it higher than the Logitech wheel in the list.

#4 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Dec 27 2020 - 04:45 PM

Terrific, glad you got it working!

#5 Matador

Matador

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NON

Posted Feb 22 2021 - 05:14 PM

Edited by Matador, Feb 22 2021 - 05:56 PM.

#6 Matador

Matador

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NON

Posted Feb 22 2021 - 05:37 PM

I have a Thrustmaster TMX wheel and have added a Logitech G29 connected to the Puter via a Bodner adaptor,
Arduino is the 3rd down on the Control Panel. In Shift I have:  Shifter_Model = 3.USB and  Shifting_Behaviour = 1.

I can get 1  2  3  4  5  no 6th or Reverse???

Edited by Matador, Feb 23 2021 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links