• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 snebka

snebka

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Lot of sports, mainly F1 (most the era 1950-1980), Geography, playing games ...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 11:14 AM

From Assetto Corsa web page

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame.
Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA ​​GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races will come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is designed to faithfully recreate the performance and the driving experience of real Blancpain GT Series cars through a sophisticated mathematical model that accurately replicates tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car's drivability.

Thanks to Laserscan technology, every official circuit is recreated with the utmost accuracy: all curbs and details perfectly fit their real counterparts to grant a gaming experience as faithful to reality as possible.

And more on https://www.assettoc...t/competizione/

Looks very promising. What do you think guys? :)

Edited by snebka, Feb 21 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 12:09 PM

GT3 isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it is fairly intruiging. I'll consider it.

#3 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,487 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 03:06 PM

I'm interested because it's a complete series with all cars, drivers, and tracks. Do they have a release date?

#4 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Football (Soccer), Grand Prix Legends and rFactor

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 03:30 PM

Going fro the GTR-series feeling, eh Kunos? Don't cock it up this time.

#5 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,414 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostPete Gaimari, on Feb 21 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm interested because it's a complete series with all cars, drivers, and tracks. Do they have a release date?

Early Access is scheduled for this summer

after all, half of the cars and tracks are already done; the rest of the cars are something they can prep in a couple of months time; real "problem" are the 5 missing tracks, those could take up more than a year, if they still rely on a single track artist like they did so far

Edited by leon_90, Feb 21 2018 - 03:53 PM.

#6 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 02:41 AM

View Postleon_90, on Feb 21 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostPete Gaimari, on Feb 21 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Early Access is scheduled for this summer

after all, half of the cars and tracks are already done; the rest of the cars are something they can prep in a couple of months time; real "problem" are the 5 missing tracks, those could take up more than a year, if they still rely on a single track artist like they did so far

Yup, you can have all the cars already... especially if you steal from modders that have stolen assets from Forza :rolleyes:
This time I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there's always this big, Fantozzi-like raincloud telling me "It's Stefano we're talking about. Don't expect anything GOOD or LEGAL".

Edited by Lord, Feb 22 2018 - 02:41 AM.

#7 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 02:46 AM

I think this can get pretty big, GT3 cars are easy to drive so it won't be only interesting for the die-hard sim racers I suppose.

#8 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 04:06 AM

View PostLord, on Feb 22 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Yup, you can have all the cars already... especially if you steal from modders that have stolen assets from Forza :rolleyes:
This time I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there's always this big, Fantozzi-like raincloud telling me "It's Stefano we're talking about. Don't expect anything GOOD or LEGAL".

Meh I don't know.. Those were rumors spread by that unprofessional website which was PRC. The content bought from modders is among the best in the game. The Shelby Cobra, the Miura, the Porsche 962 and 917/30. Those are amazing and all scratch made. The 917/30 is probably the best piece of art I have ever seen in a sim. The Meco is the most talented artist on the scene nowadays.

Attached File  __custom_showroom_1519160456.jpg   85.4K   33 downloads

The only car I criticise is the Ferrari 312/67. That is the worst model in all AC. Like if their modeller was drunk while he made it. And to think it was the only car I was waiting for since early access first week :D :D oh well, lesson learned

View PostMillennium, on Feb 22 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

I think this can get pretty big, GT3 cars are easy to drive so it won't be only interesting for the die-hard sim racers I suppose.

There is actually one way to make them hard to drive. Disable TC :D Under the rain it'll be fun :D

#9 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 07:22 AM

View Postleon_90, on Feb 22 2018 - 04:06 AM, said:

View PostLord, on Feb 22 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Meh I don't know.. Those were rumors spread by that unprofessional website which was PRC. The content bought from modders is among the best in the game. The Shelby Cobra, the Miura, the Porsche 962 and 917/30. Those are amazing and all scratch made. The 917/30 is probably the best piece of art I have ever seen in a sim. The Meco is the most talented artist on the scene nowadays.

Attached File  __custom_showroom_1519160456.jpg   85.4K   33 downloads

The only car I criticise is the Ferrari 312/67. That is the worst model in all AC. Like if their modeller was drunk while he made it. And to think it was the only car I was waiting for since early access first week :D :D oh well, lesson learned

Well, on the 312 we're on the same page: I find AC's version a badly made joke.
About the modding scene, those weren't rumours: Microsoft and T10 caught wind of that and menaced Kunos with a lawsuit if they didn't purge the forums from that content, it was all over VirtualR and BSimRacing a couple of years ago. Sure there are fantastic modelers and modders in that scene (Meco is almost godly in his use of meshes, as well as Mexes), but there are an awful lot of scumbags and tieves in that midst: the same happened in F1Challenge and rFactor way back when.

#10 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 07:29 AM

Oh I see, you are talking about cars actually made by modders and available separately.  
Well rFactor and GTR2 are too full of ripped Forza models, are ISI and SimBin to blame? They are also full of GPL rips, is Papyrus or us to blame?
And by the way, ripped mods weren't allowed on Kunos forums. They never been. Threads were shut istantly. That is why they closed the section. They couldn't have their employees wasting time doing a job they were not paid to do instead of their actual one, since it has always been a support forum. Kunos staff always complained about modders ripping stuff instead of creating quality content. That is also why they bought mods like the one I cited, to set an example for others.

Edited by leon_90, Feb 22 2018 - 08:07 AM.

#11 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,487 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 08:34 AM

Maybe, i'm not interested after all.

#12 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 04:26 PM

View Postleon_90, on Feb 22 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

Oh I see, you are talking about cars actually made by modders and available separately.  
Well rFactor and GTR2 are too full of ripped Forza models, are ISI and SimBin to blame? They are also full of GPL rips, is Papyrus or us to blame?
And by the way, ripped mods weren't allowed on Kunos forums. They never been. Threads were shut istantly. That is why they closed the section. They couldn't have their employees wasting time doing a job they were not paid to do instead of their actual one, since it has always been a support forum. Kunos staff always complained about modders ripping stuff instead of creating quality content. That is also why they bought mods like the one I cited, to set an example for others.

No, I actually meant cars ripped by other sims and that got acquired by Kunos via the modders who "converted" them, like the Porsche 911 ripped from Forza Horizon that got caught by Kunos for a hefty undisclosed sum and got pushed away because of Porsche finally breaking the exclusivity with EA. THAT kind of backhanded behaviour. I wasn't speaking of third parties that ripped the cars and "converted" them without any legal warrant to do so.
And yes, that kind of deals happened day in and day out all throuhout the first year: until I had been banned from the forums for pointing out some physical bullshit happening, the modding subsection was chock full of ripped car with laughable physics attached to them. The Porsche 917K comes to mind, for example, or the earliest versions of the T70.

Just so we're clear, I DO want this project to succeed and DO want to be the best they can make: they just have to call some more good coders, a couple of engineers willing to participate and tie Stefano and Marco into a basement for the duration of the development :)

Edited by Lord, Feb 22 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#13 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 05:16 PM

View PostLord, on Feb 22 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Just so we're clear, I DO want this project to succeed and DO want to be the best they can make: they just have to call some more good coders, a couple of engineers willing to participate and tie Stefano and Marco into a basement for the duration of the development :)

There is a new physics guy along with Aris now, Fernando (every time I picture Alonso coding on AC lel :D ) who is a mech engineer! I agree about Stefano :D
By the way, seems like Win7 users will be out of luck with this sim, only Win8 and 10

Sorry if I was a bit salty before, but you know it isn't a good discussion between the two of us if we don't clash a little :P

Edited by leon_90, Feb 22 2018 - 05:21 PM.

#14 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 05:31 PM

View Postleon_90, on Feb 22 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostLord, on Feb 22 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

There is a new physics guy along with Aris now, Fernando (every time I picture Alonso coding on AC lel :D ) who is a mech engineer! I agree about Stefano :D
By the way, seems like Win7 users will be out of luck with this sim, only Win8 and 10

Sorry if I was a bit salty before, but you know it isn't a good discussion between the two of us if we don't clash a little :P

Don't worry, It's all good :)
We've gotta put a good show, don't we? :D

#15 tikfas

tikfas

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted Feb 23 2018 - 01:16 AM

Not sure about Win7 support yet....
They,Kunos,said that they hired a mech engineer?They didnt had one in their team?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links