#1 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 15 2018 - 06:44 PM

So I got a problem with GPL install that has me stumped. I having installed a fresh install of GPL updated to the latest spec I am able to launch the game and load a track but going on track or making the screen showing the racetrack action fullscreen crashes GPL.

Since the program only crashes when I'm actually trying to go on track, ie changing from low res menu to high res 3D environment, I'm assuming there is a GPU setting that needs to be ticked or unticked. The GPU is a GeForce 9400 GT on Win 10 64 latest drivers installed.

Any idea how I can fix this?

#2 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 879 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 16 2018 - 02:26 AM

Direct3Dv2? I have a similar experience since the latest Win10 update... I switched to OpenGLv2 which works until I retire to pits - that gives me a full black screen...

#3 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Sep 16 2018 - 02:57 AM

Sounds like you need to enable DEP for the game's executable.

I'm on Windows 7 and I had to add every gpl**.exe to the DEP list, otherwise the same thing would happen.

#4 orlinos

orlinos

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:jazz
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 16 2018 - 06:06 AM

Millennium, on Sep 16 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Sounds like you need to enable DEP for the game's executable.

I'm on Windows 7 and I had to add every gpl**.exe to the DEP list, otherwise the same thing would happen.

On Windows 10 I found out I can use OpenGL - as long as the game runs with some external overlay at the same time. Like Fraps - or RivaTuner Statistics Server.

No more crashes - AS LONG AS Riva or Fraps is showing something on screen (like fps), not just running.

#5 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 879 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Sep 16 2018 - 11:12 AM

orlinos, on Sep 16 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

On Windows 10 I found out I can use OpenGL - as long as the game runs with some external overlay at the same time. Like Fraps - or RivaTuner Statistics Server.

No more crashes - AS LONG AS Riva or Fraps is showing something on screen (like fps), not just running.

It works! Huge thanks!

#6 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Sep 16 2018 - 11:31 AM

How old is your gpu driver? If it's fairly new, I'd try to use one that was released within a few years of your gpu's release. But that's likely impossible using win10. You could try the oldest win10 one that supports your gpu.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CTD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links