John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 07 2017 - 08:14 AM

Its easy enough to make a copy of any track you want to change then switch them in and out of Grand Prix Legends until happy with one. Plus you can switch out individual mips, srbs, 3dos, etc and see what happens. Just keep a backup handy.

Here's link to culmone67's Monza add-on:http://srmz.net/inde...89

Agreeing with Cookie pretty much all I change lately, (not so recently), is the asphalt if it seems too light/dark for me.

Edited by John Woods, Sep 07 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#17 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing | Photography | Computers | Art | Motorsports | Most other sports | Learning | 3D Modeling | Skinning

Posted Sep 08 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostCookie, on Sep 07 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Using the installer gives you the fully updated best GPLEA cars imho! So no need to look for old updates...

Tracks with Multi Season Updates are final so no need to look further, for some tracks I took an alternative asphalt if it was too dark...
A good adress to look for excellent track updates are Thomas L├Ąchele's and Jacksellers sites...

I agree, the cars that come with the installer are top notch. I do like some of the updates though, (cockpits/steering wheels etc) so I`ll be installing some of those.

Yeh I`ve got Thomas Laechele and Jack Seller (amongst many others) bookmarked ;)

Edited by tjc, Sep 08 2017 - 02:06 AM.

#18 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing | Photography | Computers | Art | Motorsports | Most other sports | Learning | 3D Modeling | Skinning

Posted Sep 08 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostJohn Woods, on Sep 07 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Its easy enough to make a copy of any track you want to change then switch them in and out of Grand Prix Legends until happy with one. Plus you can switch out individual mips, srbs, 3dos, etc and see what happens. Just keep a backup handy.

Here's link to culmone67's Monza add-on:http://srmz.net/inde...89

Agreeing with Cookie pretty much all I change lately, (not so recently), is the asphalt if it seems too light/dark for me.

Yeh I have everything backed up that I need so indeed, it is quite easy to install/un-install stuff. I just seem to have so many updates from years ago... must have gone over board with the downloads. :lol:

I`ve never swapped out any mips etc though so may be back at some point with questions re that.

Thanks for the link. :)

Edited by tjc, Sep 08 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#19 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 08 2017 - 03:48 PM

View Posttjc, on Sep 08 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

I`ve never swapped out any mips etc though so may be back at some point with questions re that.

The way GPL works is that it first checks the folder for loose files, if it doesn't find any it looks in the .dat file. Dats being just archive files to bundle all the loose texture and 3d files of the track. Since GPL stops looking once it finds the right file you can just unzipp addons into the right folder and that is your textures changed. Quick and easy to revert to the original state.

#20 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 09 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostMichkov, on Sep 08 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

View Posttjc, on Sep 08 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

The way GPL works is that it first checks the folder for loose files, if it doesn't find any it looks in the .dat file. Dats being just archive files to bundle all the loose texture and 3d files of the track. Since GPL stops looking once it finds the right file you can just unzipp addons into the right folder and that is your textures changed. Quick and easy to revert to the original state.

Thanks for the info Michkov. :thumbup:

#21 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 09 2017 - 06:27 AM

I have another couple of questions.

First off, I`m looking for car updates for the 67 BRM and Honda. If you guys know of some nice updates for those cars please let me know.

Also, wondering if there`s any info I need to change in Rasteriser window in Gem+

At present mine looks a bit bare.

Should any of these values be edited/altered to get things looking better etc?

I`ve noticed the AF level sometimes reverts back to 8 after I`ve changed it to 16...

Should I set my resolution (1920x1080) in the Custom Resolution box? Might sound like a silly question but I`m asking it anyway.

Attached Files

Edited by tjc, Sep 10 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#22 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 12 2017 - 06:03 AM

I`ve actually found settings suggestions for some of the options in the Rasteriser window in Gem in the Easy Installation Guide but would still like some suggestions on some other settings please guys and what they do.

Maximum Mip Size

LOD Bias - It says -50 in the guide but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Toss Biggest Mips

Mirror Size

Use ZBuffer

I see the custom resolution is set in the Rasteriser window so I`ll put my res in there...

Cheers. :)

#23 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 16 2017 - 04:35 AM

Just giving this a little :bump: guys... should the settings in the Rasteriser window be changed or not? Would appreciate any pointers. :)

#24 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 16 2017 - 04:42 AM

Tjc. I am not in front of my PC but those infos you should be able to find in the readme files of the rasterizers v2 somewhere in your GPL installation.

#25 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 16 2017 - 04:54 AM

Ahh right, thanks Stefan. I`ll check that out. Cheers. :thumbup:

#26 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,616 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Sep 16 2017 - 06:37 AM

This is the best info you can get about raster v2

Attached Files

#27 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 16 2017 - 07:10 AM

Excellent! Many thanks ginetto. I didn`t find a readme for the raster v2 in my GPL install so this file is much appreciated. :thumbup:

#28 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 AM

Guys... can the new Spa 67 be used in GPL seasons? Say the 65 season for example? I tried to add it in my 65 season.ini just now but it`s saying - *** Not Installed (Spa67)

The track is installed and I can drive it (in testing) in 67 and in 65... :think:

#29 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Yes. Just change 'spa' track directory name to 'spa67' in season.ini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links