Jochen Mass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Music & Light!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 04 2011 - 03:24 AM

in a forum far far away...

something had never been done before (or had it?) Posted ImagePosted Image   Posted ImagePosted Image

link here ___

Seeing the GP at monaco last weekend I was finally motivated to try and revisit my oldest lotus keyboard PB from Jan 2005! I managed a new time of 1.27.56 seconds so went on to the BRM which brought in a new time of 1.28.96 to go negative for my 74th green of 77 & 10th fully green track from 11. It also took me past the - 200 monster barrier! Woohoo Posted Image  Posted Image

Edited by DuncanS, Jun 04 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#2 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 04 2011 - 04:09 AM

Congrat Mister DuncanS  :thumbup: and that with the abc from your keybord  pffff..... what a time bravo :clap2:
:hat-tip:

#3 DuncanS

DuncanS

Jochen Mass

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Music & Light!

Posted Jun 04 2011 - 05:34 AM

View Postsvenvangent, on Jun 04 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Congrat Mister DuncanS  :thumbup: and that with the abc from your keybord  pffff..... what a time bravo :clap2:
:hat-tip:

Thanks Sven, well it only took me a period of about 10 years to get these times! I actually use the number pad keys on the keyboard because when I started out in GPL in 2000 these were the only keys the game let you race with using the keyboard. Now there are programmes to let you use other keys but I stuck with the number keys.

In the first years when I tried to drive at monaco with the keyboard I really found it impossible and not any fun at all so it has been a long time before I felt motivated to go back and try again. Like I say it was watching the onboard footage at monaco last week and enjoying seeing the speed and how close those guys were getting to the barriers that inspired me to give it another go. It is great to see F1 becoming more competitive again no matter how they achieve it, the racing will never be like it was in the past which is why it's great to have GPL. Luckily this time around at monaco I had some better understanding for making more stable setups so it became a lot more enjoyable especially in the BRM which was surprising to me because this chassis was the one I liked the least by a long way. However I have found it's weight keeps it in the track much better than the lighter cars so with a good setup you can really push without worrying about losing control. The Lotus's acceleration on the other hand remains so powerful that I still struggle just trying to keep it from going off the circuit so it remains very tiring to drive (at least for me) on the limit and as a result not so much fun. Back when I started racing GPL I never imagined the times I can now do, I think my first attempts at zandvoort for example were in the 1.34 or 5's and that was in the lotus, just making a 1.30 at monza in the eagle seemed totally impossible too and when it happened it was like a minor miracle had happened to me! :lol:

For any one interested here are some of my recent replays. :wave:

Attached Files

Edited by DuncanS, Jun 04 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#4 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,798 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jun 04 2011 - 06:03 AM

Stunning times :shock: , bravo keeper!!! :applause:

#5 franswa

franswa

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Jun 11 2011 - 10:49 AM

Congratulations Duncan/keypad ! Amazing times, and what an achievement !

#6 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Jun 11 2011 - 07:26 PM

Nice going Keypad, really up there in the utter nutter department of course :D but still very good time, considering.

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links