Peter Dron

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Jellied eels
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 21 2011 - 11:24 AM

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I did a trawl through the FAQ but did not find the answer...

I wish to create a new season for the 1967 cars.

I open GEM+ (2.5.32)...
I click on Seasons...
I click NEW...
I type a name in the window. The year box shows 1967...
The "Name of new season" file pops up...
I type in a name eight letters long, followed by .ini and click OK...
This shows up under GP.INI in SEASON MANAGER...
I transfer some tracks into the new season...
All seems OK so I click OK.

HOWEVER...

If I click on Seasons again, the new season now shows up beneath 69SEASON.INI and if I go into the game, the season on offer is GP.INI (ie the original 11 tracks).

My new season is on offer only for 1969 cars. I want it to be for the 1967 cars.

Everything in the GEM+ window looks normal:
- 1967 carset
- CARS67
- In the window next to season, my new season name
- My selected tracks are shown, in the correct order

I must have done something wrong or missed a step. But what?

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,350 posts

Posted Feb 21 2011 - 12:21 PM

You didn't say what 8 character name you gave it.  And I don't understand what the GP.ini file has to do with it.  The files will be listed in alphabetic order once you close and reopen the Seasons window in GEM.

The only time the GP.ini is used (and it's the only season file that can be used then) is when you're running a "World Championship" selected in the GPL main window.

Also, you select the season file to be used in the main GEM window, just to the right of the Seasons button.  You can select the 69season.ini for any mod and in fact I use the 67season file for all my mods and swap tracks in and out as needed.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Feb 21 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#3 Peter Dron

Peter Dron

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted Feb 22 2011 - 04:30 AM

Well, I do not understand what difference the name would make, but the name I used was Eighteen.ini (because my proposed championship is over 18 rounds). I have since tried Wldchamp.ini. This has the same result.

What puzzles me most is that the 18 tracks are listed in the main GEM+ window when Wldchamp is selected. But then, when I press the green button and go into the game, the championship on offer is the standard original set.

It seems to me that the simplest solution is to delete all the 11 tracks from GP.INI, paste them into a file for safety and paste in my 18 tracks.

Edited by Peter Dron, Feb 22 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#4 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted Feb 22 2011 - 05:08 AM

Those season.ini files with eight character file names don't affect the championship at all. The world championship tracks are indeed controlled by gp.ini or any other ini file with a two character file name (GPL default, may be more depending on the mod in use). However, I don't know how you can change the gp.ini file name in GEM+. It is possible that you have to do that in the properties of the active carset, i.e. the corresponding .cst file.

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,350 posts

Posted Feb 22 2011 - 08:56 AM

As soon as you select the mode of Championship in GPL or in GEM, GPL will use the following:

65 mod – g65.ini
66 mod – g66.ini
67 cars – gp.ini
69 mod – g69.ini
GT mod – gt.ini
TC mod – GTC.ini

There is no other choice of season file for the Championship mode, but you can simply edit each of those files to have the tracks that you want.  In fact you cannot select the Championship season file in GEM's main window.  No matter what is shown there, in Championship mode, you'll be using the files noted above.

I didn't realize from your first post that you attempting to do a Championship season.

#6 Peter Dron

Peter Dron

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted Feb 22 2011 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I have done in the past. I was trying to be too clever and the instructions in the GEM+ Help section are, er, far from clear.

#7 Robby Rocket

Robby Rocket

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jan 30 2019 - 11:49 AM

So is there any way using GEM+ you can swap both Season and Championship for 1967 from historic to papyrus and back again?
I can see how to swap 67SeaHis.ini to 67SeaPap.ini but can't see how to do championship.

My sports car championship is SC.INI so it seems the names can be changed.
Is the gp.ini file linked or coded to the season.ini file?

Thanks.

#8 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Jan 31 2019 - 10:51 AM

Robby,

There is no way (I know) to switch the championship within GEM+.  The file name used is tied to the mod (see post #5 above)

You will need to manually rename/switch the gp.ini (or g67.ini  for the 1967 Historic v2 mod) in the seasons folder.  As ever make a backup first :rolleyes:

Edited by webfoot, Jan 31 2019 - 10:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links