Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted May 30 2009 - 04:43 PM

View PostNOxymoron, on Feb 17 2009, 11:00 PM, said:

View PostMytrack, on May 31 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

Here is my version of Westwood Racing Circuit as it was in 1965 to 1969. I tried to be as historically accurate as possible using all the information I could find. I hope you will enjoy it.

The track install name is west1967

The races from 1966 - 1969 were sponsored by Pepsi and each year were known as the Westwood Pepsi Pro-Invitational Race. The one in 1965 I have set to show Texaco as the main sponsor and was known as the Westwood Texaco Grand Prix.

Thanks
Mytrack

Hi Mytrack.

I came across Westwood1990 converted to rfactor.  Did you make it?  Could it be posted to rfactorcentral? Or, could I post it to RFC citing you as creator?  It's a great track.  The one I grew up with.  Thank you.

No, I didn't do the conversion for rfactor or GT2 or whatever it is. I have just given permission to others. Of course some things may be slightly different or thought to be improvements but everything in my original was done to be as accurate as possible. I haven't seen pictures of the rfactor version myself.

Thanks
Mytrack

#32 graeme1293

graeme1293

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Oct 25 2009 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone have any info or photos of Herb Hunt who raced at Westwood in the 60's and maybe 70's in a Mini? Anyone even heard of the name?

My friend here in New Zealand has his old car - still remarkably original in a lot of ways. I think it was called "The White Car" when raced in Canada - perhaps as part of the BMC importers team? Car was built from a 1959 Mini body - which it still  has. Had fairly big black wheel flares when last raced in Canada I think.

Or can anyone point me in the right direction. Is this a good thread or even the right forum for Canadian race history?

Cheers

Graeme Farr

Wellington, NZ

#33 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing | Computers | Motorsport | 3D Modeling | Skinning
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 29 2009 - 07:04 PM

I actually downloaded this a wee while ago but forgot to say...

:thankyou:

#34 Bullwinkle55

Bullwinkle55

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Bikes Broads Booze

Posted Mar 27 2010 - 12:50 PM

Thank you for this great track. It is both attractive and fun to drive.

...Dan

#35 eea123

eea123

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Apr 17 2010 - 06:57 PM

Great track.  Love that period!

#36 vosblod - guest

vosblod - guest
  • Guests

Posted May 31 2010 - 05:38 AM

Great track.
We're about to run a race here and I noticed the polesitter has trouble seeing the flagman.
Anyway, if it helps anyone, attached are loose grid setups I came up with to pull the field back a bit and stagger them for online starts. Only been tested with the 65 mod but should work for the others.
Hope there's no objections to posting it.

Attached Files

#37 Mytrack

Mytrack

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Jun 01 2010 - 12:35 AM

View Postvosblod, on May 31 2010 - 05:38 AM, said:

Great track.
We're about to run a race here and I noticed the polesitter has trouble seeing the flagman.
Anyway, if it helps anyone, attached are loose grid setups I came up with to pull the field back a bit and stagger them for online starts. Only been tested with the 65 mod but should work for the others.

vosblod,

It's fine with me. I had the '67 grid set as I saw it in photographs. The cars are really close together. The starter in the .tso file was set 2m ahead of the startline. I think there is a program that can change the starter position as well.

I have thought about adding more shrubs around the track as well as altering the first half of the track elevations since I have a little more height information than I did back when the track was released. I guess I would start revising everything now so it's probably best to just leave things alone. Plus I don't have the time anymore.

Thanks
Mytrack

#38 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 01 2010 - 05:58 AM

View Postvosblod, on May 31 2010 - 05:38 AM, said:

Great track.
Thanks vosblod  :thumbup:  It should come in handy one day. :)

#39 Mytrack

Mytrack

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Oct 16 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hi everyone,

If anyone is interested I have just completed adding sound to my track "Westwood Racing Circuit 1967" (west1967) using the RaceCon utility. This utility makes it easy to add sound. I just became aware of RaceCon a few weeks ago. I added sound to each speaker pole, grandstand, the control tower, and the bridge.

Also, there is a small flaw on one of the edges of the grass textures that makes a noticable line where the texture repeats. I want to fix this. Of course there are other things I would have done differently but I'm not going to change the track at all. I would also like to add files for the 67 spotrscar mod. I'll look into this as well.

I'll upload the files when all changes are complete.

Thanks
Mytrack

#40 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted Oct 17 2010 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for working on the track :) Should be interesting with all the sound sources :)

#41 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Oct 17 2010 - 06:21 AM

View PostMytrack, on Oct 16 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

If anyone is interested I have just completed adding sound to my track "Westwood Racing Circuit 1967" (west1967) using the RaceCon utility. This utility makes it easy to add sound. I just became aware of RaceCon a few weeks ago. I added sound to each speaker pole, grandstand, the control tower, and the bridge.

Also, there is a small flaw on one of the edges of the grass textures that makes a noticable line where the texture repeats. I want to fix this. Of course there are other things I would have done differently but I'm not going to change the track at all. I would also like to add files for the 67 spotrscar mod. I'll look into this as well.

Thanks
Mytrack
:thumbup:  I look forward to the update

#42 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • 1,354 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)

Posted Oct 18 2010 - 12:06 PM

View PostMytrack, on Oct 16 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:

Thanks Mytrack, looking forward to it!

#43 Mytrack

Mytrack

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Dec 29 2010 - 04:29 PM

Here is Westwood 1967 with sound, version 1.1

Thanks
Mytrack

Attached Files

#44 Mytrack

Mytrack

Jackie Stewart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hi everyone,

Attached is the GPL track installer version of Westwood Racing Circuit 1967 version 1.1 (with sound)

Changes from west1967 ver 1.0 to 1.1:

- revised BCAAsign.mip
- added new cone6301.mGT, cone6302.mGT, and sfbanr67.mGT
- added sound (ssourcelist) to west1967.3dO and corresponding objects.
- these .3dO objects now have sound; bridge67, gstnd90m, gstnd90b, pitspole, spkpole2, tbooth03, techshak, and wtow1961.
- added announce.wav and crowd.wav
- revised track.ini
- added new track65.ini, track66.ini, track69.ini, trackGT.ini, and drivGT.ini
- added new bwpicGT.pbf and page0GT.pbf
- GPL track installer used: Alternative Trackinstaller v1.13 (aka GPLtrackinstaller2)
- install file: gpltrackinstallwest1967v1.1.exe

Thanks
Mytrack

Attached Files

#45 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Nov 07 2011 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for the upgrade! This is a lovely track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links