leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 31 2015 - 04:11 AM

I think that the chance of them doing historic tracks is none. They won't, simply because they won't sell on the long run.
Historical cars, on the other hand, sell a lot. It has been proven by the Group 5 cars (a-m-a-z-i-n-g), DTM 1992 and Classic Touring Pack, together with the Procar Pack and Audi Quattro. They are now approaching open wheelers and it is most likely they will, in the future, do historical open wheelers. Because these sell good. Which and when is to be seen. However, it is certain we will have to race them on modern tracks.

#17 Juramalt

Juramalt

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Hill climbs, Proper engines, Steam trains, Getting GPL to work on a modern PC.....
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 31 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostDavid Wright Lo67, on Jul 31 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

The thing I like about S3 is they are now trying to produce real championships with cars and tracks, or at least the cars.  Most other devs just produce a random set of cars and tracks.  And they do championships which have a mix of cars.  Reiza do some real championships but apart from these not usually appealing to me, they just offer a single car for each championship (or cars which look a bit different but are the same to drive).  I want the variety of the "old" sims like GPL GT Legends or GTR2.

So if anyone is going to do a historic season it could be S3S.  But they are only just getting into open wheelers so I'd be surprised if a 60s F1 season would be high on the list.  And they haven't done historic tracks so far.

I checked out the forum.  I got the impression the list is just a user wish-list.  Is there a dev post in the thread?

Quite a few from the devs. A few requests for the Lotus 49 so has to be worth a punt.

#18 Juramalt

Juramalt

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Hill climbs, Proper engines, Steam trains, Getting GPL to work on a modern PC.....
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 09 2017 - 02:36 PM

I've been missing for awhile as race room has got so good. A good alternative to GT legends if not a replacement for GPL. There are now a number of older saloon cars and they have done Spa and Nordschleife which are my two favorite tracks. And they are amazingly accurate. You do need a powerful PC to get the best out of it but you are rewarded with great racing and cinematic video and sound. The Physics is very impressive and as new cars and tracks are constantly being released as dlc's the income pays for further development. If your PC can handle it I recommend  giving it a try. The cars can be tried for free once you have the base game so theres quite a lot to play with. Some good videos on utube if you want to see what I mean. https://www.youtube....h?v=N7MsFmOKTMI
or Bathurst https://www.youtube....h?v=7O-y5h4PdTw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links