• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 23 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hi Sefan:

I tried to launch DR via the desktop icon. There was no error message or anything. No activity, nothing. Simply like it wasn't there. Once my ISP restored connection, it launched just fine. I then launched DR and went through all the menu selections and found nothing to click in order to play off line. I hope my install hasn't been "updated" to the point that it MUST have internet connection. Very disappointing at this juncture.

Old Simmer
Andre Ming

#32 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 23 2017 - 09:47 PM

I think the problem is with steam not DIRT Rally. As I mentioned before the icon on the desktop doesn't link to the exe but to steam. Which in turn launches the Steam client that then launches the game itself.

You should be able to find the exe somewhere in ...\steam\steamapps\common\... . Where the steam folder is the folder where steam is installed to.

#33 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 24 2017 - 02:28 AM

Try to use Steam in offline mode.
Start it via your installed programs/ Apps. Then you should be able to set Steam offline.

Edited by Stefan Roess, Sep 24 2017 - 02:29 AM.

#34 Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman

Hitman Industries

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Simracing
  • Sim interest:rFactor

Posted Sep 24 2017 - 05:56 AM

This is a Steam issue. Without Internet connection, start it right after booting, if you wait too long it won't do anything. It can help to rightclick the Steam icon in the taskbar and select Settings. It will then ask  to run in offline mode pretty quickly so you can play. I had the same thing with Automobilista which we ran at the Sim Expo without Internet.

#35 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 06:38 PM

Thanks everybody for pitching in and helping with some input. I think I have found the "Go Offline" option within the Steam software via the "Steam" tab pull-down menu. I have yet to try it out, for my wife also uses internet so I will wait until I can disconnect without interfering with her entertainment and/or work-related internet use in order to try to run offline.

In the meantime, no biggie as long as I have internet connection! Dirt Rally is lots of fun... but I sure suck at it!

Old Simmer
Andre Ming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links