Elijahroberson

Don Branson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:gpl, guitar, racing, history
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 16 2016 - 06:34 PM

So this problem is not a major one for me, but I believe Nascar Legends is broken. The game starts off kinda normally (its a bit slower then usual). But then when I click on drivers list it takes a bit to load. Then if I want to have a race the game crashes unless its in championship mode, then the game loads with a basic detail-less color pallet. The cars have no shading no ads or drivers or numbers or anything. Like Richard Pettys car is just all blue. The tracks have no detail either really. I have yet to try and race this but I know the same thing happened with the demo and it would mot let me drive. Once I got a gray screen while pulling up the game, so the game may be broken beyond repair. But is there a wat to fix this?

Why did this post twice?

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Jun 16 2016 - 11:40 PM

Why you don't want to reinstall the game? If game worked before then it will be best way to solve your problem.

Edited by Pavel, Jun 16 2016 - 11:44 PM.

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 17 2016 - 01:59 AM

First, have you changed anything on the computer recently? Sometimes updates to anti-virus software can change the way files are scanned, and can interfere when a game is trying to start up, or load data files. If you have any anti-virus, try turning it off before you start Nascar Legends to see if the game performs any better.

The second possibility is a bit more serious. The problem could be caused by a bit of file corruption. As Pavel says, try to save any data (such as lap records) that you want to keep, then reinstall the game. It might also be a good idea to check how old your hard drive is, it may be starting to show signs of its age.

Edited by Saiph, Jun 17 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#4 woofgm

woofgm

Sim Racing Since 1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Family, Grilling, ICR2/N3/GPL/NR2K3 Painting & Rendering in 3ds Max

Posted Jun 18 2016 - 10:18 PM

Have you tried adjusting your setting in the Graphics area of the Options section?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links