• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 221teddy

221teddy

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:GPL tracks, Mods and Carsets, racing history behind GPL and its mods and tracks, RC modelling (planes), history, flight simulation
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 02 2019 - 12:59 PM

Hello everybody,

I have a serious problem: up to now I played GPL using my old 24" HP monitor HP W2408Q with its native resolution 1920X1200@60Hz. The grafic card is a Nvidia GTX 660 Ti. The monitor was connected with a VGA/DVI connection to the grafic card.
Some days ago I got a new 27" monitor HP27XQ with a native resolution of 2560X1440@60Hz or 120 Hz.. The grafic card is the same (GTX 660 Ti). The monitor is connected by a Display Port cable to the grafic card. System is Win7/64.

The result is the following: on the old monitor GPL (and other 3D games) was displayed as expected without any problems at the highest resolution and the maximum FPS.
Using the new 27" monitor it is not possible to play GPL at the native resolution (2560X1440 @ 60Hz or  120Hz) or at reduced resolutions like 1920X1080 at all. The principal problem is that the 2D starting screens (only a 640X480 resolution I assume!) is not displayed correctly in that way that only approximateley the upper left quarter of the screens and the menues is displayed so that I am not even able to direct the mouse indicator to the "options" menue. So the VGA screens do not fit to the monitor size and are somehow decentralized. The only possibility is to type "esc" and "quit"..... So I am not able to adjust the resolution within the GPL options sub-menue. The same for other 3D games like the IL2 1946 series (also starting with low resolution cover screens and menue screens). Adjusting the resolutions in GEM+ has no impact onto this behaviour.
Following other gamer forums in the internet and on youtube this behaviour should have something to do with the centralization of screens with different resolutions. But up to now I did not arrive to resolve this issue.

The drivers for the new monitor are the newest ones available on the HP page. I checked also the drivers for the Nvida GTX 660 Ti. There are no newer drivers available for this card than the drivers on my system from 2014. The normal Windows mode (Win7/64) is working correctly at the native resolution of 2560X1440 @ 60Hz or 120 Hz.

Does someone know how to resolve this problem?

Edited by 221teddy, May 02 2019 - 01:27 PM.

#2 ROOKIE4EVER

ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted May 02 2019 - 02:57 PM

http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3714

View PostBob Simpson, on Feb 04 2009 - 10:51 AM, said:

GPL Trouble Shooting and Problems FAQ

Graphics and Framerate

GPL runs as only a small square in the top corner of the screen
1- The line in the core.ini:
[ Direct3D7 ]
DirectMirrorRendering = 1
Change it to
DirectMirrorRendering = 0

:hat-tip:

#3 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted May 02 2019 - 05:16 PM

The latest driver for your GPU could be 430.39

get it from www.nvidia.com

#4 221teddy

221teddy

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:GPL tracks, Mods and Carsets, racing history behind GPL and its mods and tracks, RC modelling (planes), history, flight simulation

Posted May 02 2019 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for your support.

I found another possibility (also suitable for other affected 3D games): right mouse click on the respective exe-file (e.g. gplc65.exe, gpl8f2.exe, il2fb.exe, etc.), select "compatibility problems", follow manuallly (second option) the instructions regarding grafic problems, if successfull safe the setup. This works in my system for all affected games. This may be also helpful for others facing similar problems.

I do not know why this happened without change of the Windows version. Obviously the change in screen drivers affected Win7/64 somehow.

#5 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted May 03 2019 - 10:55 AM

Do you have gpu scaling enabled in your nvidia control panel?

#6 221teddy

221teddy

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted May 03 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostMillennium, on May 03 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Do you have gpu scaling enabled in your nvidia control panel?

Yes, I tryed this option in the Nvidia control panel. But there was no impact/change by doing so. The above mentioned "compatibility procedure" worked very well and relibably.

Edited by 221teddy, May 03 2019 - 01:31 PM.

#7 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted May 03 2019 - 05:06 PM

Funny thing is my GTX 660 running in Linux mint with a 2560x1080 monitor in wine -> Win7 compatibility mode :up:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links