#1 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 21 2018 - 03:16 PM

Hi guys. I´ve been using the G 27 for a long time and it always workig fine with GPL. I was using the front USB port ( the one which is in front of the CPU). Then, someone told me if I plug the wheel on the port that is on the back side of the CPU it would be connected directly to the Mother Board and the response would be much more accurate. So I did. As soon as I switch on the computer, I had a notice that the driver has been installed successfully. I thought it was weird because I didn´t ask to install anything. Well, to make it short, When I started GPL It asked me to calibrate the wheel. I did all the calibration and it seemed to work. But now when I go to any track, just the wheel and gear work. The pedals are dead. I went back to calibration and the pedals work fine. back to the track and they´re dead again. Does any one knows what to do to fix it ? The wheel, gears and pedals still working perfect on rFactor, GTR2 and P&G. Only with GPL the pedals not working.

#2 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 21 2018 - 04:27 PM

When you plug something into a different usb port it has to reinstall the device for that port (or at least re-detect it). I'm not sure why exactly.

Are you sure that the pedals have been assigned properly? If the game shows them as working in the calibration screen then it should be working. It might be that changing to the usb port has reinstalled the drivers and reconfigured which axis the wheel is reporting for each pedal etc and the game is currently configured to use other axis.

On a side note, is it possible to manually calibrate things in an ini file? as you can imagine, when the calibration tells you to centre the wheel / pedals in their movement axis, this is not exactly possible, especially holding pedals in the middle of their movement.

#3 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Aug 21 2018 - 06:38 PM

Thank you 123 !!! i tested with ed76 f3 and f2 which are located outside GPL and it works fine. Only when I start GPL through GEM+ it does not work. I am sure it is not a serious issue because the stirring wheel and gear are working fine.

#4 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,320 posts

Posted Aug 21 2018 - 07:15 PM

Remember that you have to first calibrate in the calibration window in GPL and then assign the axes in the next window.

#5 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Aug 22 2018 - 03:00 PM

Yes Bob, you´re right. But I had to calibrate three times before getting it right.  The first time I calibrate everything and, much to my surprise, when I got to the track, the steering wheel and gear weren´t working but the pedals were fine. the second time nothing worked. And on the third attempt everything went back to normal !!! Now, about the CPU back USB port, am I going to get a better response from the G 27 if connected there ? Because I was afraid to mess up things again, and I connect the G 27 on the old faithful front USB port.

#6 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,320 posts

Posted Aug 22 2018 - 08:41 PM

The ports which are connected directly to the motherboard usually work best.

#7 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Aug 23 2018 - 09:54 AM

Thank you for the information Bob. So,I will have another go at the "back door" !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links