MalBound

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:1968 F1 Season.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 29 2018 - 07:16 PM

Other drivers are not modeled for the 1968 F1 Mod. Of course, like Gardner in Bernard White's B.R.M. P261 V12 who failed to qualify in the Italian GP. Ickx (Ferrari) and Al Pease (Castrol Eagle) also didn't start in the Canadian GP at Mont-Tremblant. Jack Brabham at Jarama (Spanish GP), apparently, who had engine failure. Even Andretti and Unser (possibly, perhaps? :think:) both went back to America after they were excluded in practice. Also Jackie Oliver (#11) at Watkins Glen in the U.S. GP also didn't start the race when his car crashed on the barriers. I'm just not sure if the other drivers were modeled yet. Are they?

#42 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968

Posted Jan 01 2019 - 06:46 AM

Every single car except for Hahne at the German GP, Pease at the Canadian GP and maybe Gethin at the Race of Champions have been modelled. I enjoy making the cars but at the end of the day with the 19 ai limit it makes no difference as they can't all be raced against.

The P261 V12 is one of my personal favourites. It's a shame it was so slow. I also have a fantasy grid option at Jarama as a tribute to Clark and Spence. It is nice to see them there in GPL. :thumbup:

Chris.

Attached Files

Edited by pioujd428, Jan 01 2019 - 06:59 AM.

#43 jxeboy

jxeboy

GPLaps

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:56 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Jan 01 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

Every single car except for Hahne at the German GP, Pease at the Canadian GP and maybe Gethin at the Race of Champions have been modelled. I enjoy making the cars but at the end of the day with the 19 ai limit it makes no difference as they can't all be raced against.

The P261 V12 is one of my personal favourites. It's a shame it was so slow. I also have a fantasy grid option at Jarama as a tribute to Clark and Spence. It is nice to see them there in GPL. :thumbup:

Chris.

Great news! :yipee2:

I was worried when you said release or not at the end of the year that you might have decided not to finish it. I very much look forward to this missing year!

#44 Royale

Royale

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it.

Posted Jan 01 2019 - 09:54 AM

Wonderful news for 2019. Thanks for all the work.  Bob

#45 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Grand Prix racing in the 60s.

Posted Jan 01 2019 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the info, Chris. As ever, your car models look terrific!  
Really looking forward to this mod.
Jimmy on pole at Jarama..... if only ..... :(

#46 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,549 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Jan 01 2019 - 03:06 PM

1968 : what I like are the cars that retained their simple, neat, straighforward cigar shaped bodies ( no wings, no flaps)  during the first rounds of the season ( Kyalami, ROC, International trophy,Jarama, Monaco)

For the following 1968 season rounds, the virginity of F1 Motor Racing was lost, probably forever.

The funny thing is the first advert used to announce and promote GPL : the start at the 1968 Belgian GP !

Seems Papyrus confused us and could lead gamers to some misunderstanding, without realizing it

" in 1968 they changed the rules of Grand Prix racing to cut down on driver fatalities "

...The 1968 Belgian GP being the first attempt where "the rules" changed, various wings tests solutions appearing on Brabham, Ferrari and McLaren in practice, it wasn't forcibly the best shot to fit with the message intended to promote the dangers of...1967 !!

Attached Files

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 02 2019 - 09:21 AM.

#47 Alan Davies

Alan Davies

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Cycling: Road and Off Road.
    Driving well and safely.
    Growing Vegetables.

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 04:03 AM

Text in the bottom right of the picture, "Welcome to Grand Prix Legends racing sims will never be the same." They were 100% correct in that :up:

#48 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,549 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Jan 02 2019 - 09:19 AM

View PostAlan Davies, on Jan 02 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

Text in the bottom right of the picture, "Welcome to Grand Prix Legends racing sims will never be the same." They were 100% correct in that :up:

.... that even those in charge of the GPL code and possibilities wldn't have believed, twenty years after !

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 02 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#49 MalBound

MalBound

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted Jan 08 2019 - 06:39 PM

Wait, everybody! There are more news for the 1968 mod! These are the new 1968 track addons.

- In the 1968 Dutch GP at Zandvoort, I see there is a pit armco wall around the start/finish area (This pit armco wall seems gray from track side, red from one end and yellow from other end).
- Also in the 1968 U.S. GP at Watkins Glen, it has a "68" year sign on the start/finish line. On top, it says "21st Annual".

Attached File  1968_zandvoort_pitwall.JPG   23.49K   76 downloads Attached File  1968_watkinsglen_usgp.jpg   17.57K   70 downloads

#50 Treetop64

Treetop64

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing, biking, historical aircraft
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 09 2019 - 08:23 AM

This is looking great.

Building up quite a fabulous career mode of sorts in GPL.  Starting in 1965 and have very solid mods through to '68.

#51 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,633 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Jan 12 2019 - 08:54 AM

As for the physics.

The 68 wingless cars should feel like the 67 Historical V2 mod?

The 68 winged cars should feel like the 69 mod cars?

Is that close?

#52 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted Jan 12 2019 - 08:34 PM

Yes Malbound both of those track features are included.

The physics do carry on from Kyalami 68 in the 67 Historical V2 mod but have some improvements. The winged 68 cars in the Late 68 carset feel very different to 69-xtra in my opinion.

I ran into a bug with the 68 ai and I now have to redo all of the historical driver.inis. This will take a long time. :wall:

#53 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography

Posted Jan 13 2019 - 02:04 AM

We are patient, it will be worth it!

#54 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Grand Prix racing in the 60s.

Posted Jan 13 2019 - 03:46 AM

Sorry to hear that you have encountered a problem but I am sure the end result will be worth waiting for.......

As a non-modder I can only (again) express gratitude at what you and your fellow modders give the community (for free!), and the time you devote to these projects - it seems to me that patience is the very least we can give you back in return.

#55 MalBound

MalBound

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 07:39 PM

I wonder if the 1968 mod would have a player driving a Matra MS9 (I mean, that's optional).

#56 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted Jan 18 2019 - 08:14 AM

View PostMalBound, on Jan 16 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

I wonder if the 1968 mod would have a player driving a Matra MS9 (I mean, that's optional).

In the first post I wrote "Part one starts after the historical 67's finished". To include Kyalami 68 I would have to add the BRM P115, Cooper T81, Cooper T86, Honda RA300, Matra MS9 and Matra MS7 physics slots to the 68 mod as well as a heap of other graphics options (green Lotus 49, Gunston BT20 etc etc). The exact same cars that are available in the 67s. As the mod limit is 31 car folders this quickly adds up to half the car slots in the early mod when I can only just fit everything in as it is. I see no reason to add any of these cars for later race options when they weren't used in real life and there is already 31 graphics options at least to choose from. A Kyalami 68 mod is a different subject. :thumbup:

Edited by pioujd428, Jan 18 2019 - 08:56 AM.

#57 Pawgy

Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing, WW2 flying and real Golf

Posted Mar 07 2019 - 08:47 AM

Can never have enough GPL Mods. Looking forward to the future release and many thanks for helping to keep it alive.

#58 Royale

Royale

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it.

Posted Mar 09 2019 - 04:01 AM

View PostPawgy, on Mar 07 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Can never have enough GPL Mods......

Good to hear Pawgy :thumbup:

#59 MalBound

MalBound

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted Mar 23 2019 - 08:13 PM

I have even great news! There seems to be some exciting new driver photos for the 1968 Mod: Tony Lanfranchi, Peter Gethin, Kurt Ahrens, and Bobby Unser.
Attached File  lanf.jpg   7.46K   9 downloadsAttached File  geth.jpg   6.11K   9 downloadsAttached File  ahre.jpg   7.62K   9 downloadsAttached File  unse.jpg   6.05K   27 downloads

But, I wonder what Peter Gethin's Brabham-BMW BT21 looks like? It's like this. He's number 20 during the Race of Champions.
Attached File  Gethin 1968 ROC.jpg   67.11K   30 downloads

Edited by MalBound, Mar 26 2019 - 07:43 PM.

#60 guiporsche

guiporsche

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Football, Old school and present racing, History
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 03 2019 - 02:04 PM

Any news guys? Not asking for a date of release, just wanting to check if everything's alright :D This is a thread that deserves to be always among the first in the list hehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links