Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 30 2017 - 01:09 PM

First, grats to Yannick on your new wheel!

@one2fwee: thanks for explaining. I used to use MSFF wheels before, and adapted without problem to the G25. I'm using the ffb3test patch for GPL. I will run the test more often and see what the averages and deadzone are. But I'm happy with my G25 nevertheless. ;)

#32 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Oct 30 2017 - 02:28 PM

Yes Brocky, the test will work with any direct input wheel.

However you have to bear in mind that it is only measuring the distance the wheel moves compared to the force applied to it - it has no way of actually measuring the force provided.
So in terms of linearity it isn't sooooo useful but it should at least give you an idea of your wheel's FFB deadzone.

A better test is something like this: http://www.racedepar...mptions.124937/
But it is obviously harder to setup. At least that way you are actually measuring real forces.

Robert, if you want more detailed results, you can change the value in the "Max Count" box to 100 from 50 to get 100 results.

Judging from reading that article, Offset X might change the starting position of the wheel but I'm not sure if this is true. If it is, it could be interesting altering this to see if the deadzone is only applied when the wheel is in the centre position - personally, I think that it is applied at all times and is just a simple "don't do anything with forces below such and such %", irrespective of the position of the wheel.

If anyone has an account on the assetto corsa forums, could someone check if anyone has done a pressure based test using a logitech wheel and post the results here?
http://www.assettoco...umptions.35286/

I don't have the game (my computer is almost 15 years old :$) so I cannot view their forums, which seems stupid (particularly as I made a topic trying to help them when the game was in pre-release and now i can't even access it).

The wheelcheck tool comes from an Iracing developer, but as I don't have iracing, I have no idea if any documentation is provided on the iracing forums or anything? If anyone has iracing it would be interesting to check.

Seriously, game specific private forums are a bad idea for the sim racing community -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links