#1 MGL66

MGL66

Michael Lowery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 03:24 PM

When you select the M1B 361ci car from the in-game driver page, you get the option of choosing the early-season version (with rear spoiler) or the late season version (with full rear wing). The first time I switched off from late-season to early-season, it worked fine. Now, irrespective of which variant I choose, I get only the late-season, full winged variant.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a mod .ini file that I can manually modify to get either variant? In the larger scheme of things it doesn't really matter. I just prefer the cleaner look of the early-season car.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 03:32 PM

Michael, make certain that after choosing the Early Season config from the dropdown menu selection, that it appears as in my image before clicking on the green flag in the lower right-hand corner.

Attached Files

#3 MGL66

MGL66

Michael Lowery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, I'm doing exactly that. It no longer gives me the early-season variant.

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,961 posts

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 07:17 PM

Re-install time.

Edited by gliebzeit, Feb 01 2018 - 07:28 AM.

#5 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 07:30 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jan 31 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Re-install time.

NO! Not yet!

Michael, are you using one of the 60fps patches with the '66 CanAm mod? If yes, is it the "60fpsaiv1" patch? If it's a different one, then I think this might be your problem.

I had problems with the 1967 F1 Historic mod when it was first released. I was trying to see which of the 60fps patches to use, and at first I tried the "60fpsv2newmod" as it seemed to be the latest. At first, everything seemed to work fine, but then I realised that if I wanted to drive the Brabham BT19/20, I could only select the BT20 body style. If I selected "BT19" in the graphics drop-down, I still got the BT20 graphics. I then tried switching to the "60fpsaiv1" patch, and this fixed the problem.

I've just tried the "60fpsv2newmod" patch with the '66 CanAms, and it causes the problem you describe. So if you're using any patch other than "60fpsaiv1", then I suggest you switch to that one and see if that fixes things. That's the patch I normally use with the '66 CanAms, and I can select both versions of the M1B bodywork.

I hope that helps.

#6 MGL66

MGL66

Michael Lowery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 09:38 PM

Saiph,

Yes, I was using one of the 60fps patches.

Yes, I was patching with the 60fpsv2newmod.

And yes, it was that patch that was causing the problem! It appears that the 60fpsaiv1 patch is the one to use with the CA66 mod! (And now that you mention it, I had earlier run the CA66 first in 36fps, then using the 60fpsv1 patch. I tried the 60fpsv1 patch first because somewhere on this forum, you [Saiph] say that it works best with CA71 [but no mention of CA66, which probably hadn't been released by that time], so I reasoned that it was the one to try. Then, because obviously I'm an idiot, I changed it to 60fpsv2newmod and subsequently forgot about it. Fortunately you're memory is better than mine!)

Thank you for the solution! The depth of GPL knowledge here is astounding.

Michael

Edited by MGL66, Jan 31 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#7 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 01 2018 - 06:43 AM

Bingo! I'm glad it fixed the problem. :thumbup:

Generally speaking, it's always best to default to using the "60fpsaiv1" patch for any new mod, at least for offline racing. For some reason, it seems to be less "intrusive" than the other patches and therefore is less likely to cause side-effects when it's used. I rarely race online, so there's no real need for me to try any other patches.

Edited by Saiph, Feb 01 2018 - 06:51 AM.

#8 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,961 posts

Posted Feb 01 2018 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the info, Keith.  I 'spoke' too quickly.  :thumbup:

There are many GPL goodies that I have not tried after all of these years.  A few being the 60fps patch and the 66Mod.  ;)

Edited by gliebzeit, Feb 01 2018 - 08:27 AM.

#9 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,815 posts

Posted Feb 01 2018 - 08:59 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Feb 01 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the info, Keith.  I 'spoke' too quickly.  :thumbup:

There are many GPL goodies that I have not tried after all of these years.  A few being the 60fps patch and the 66Mod.  ;)

May our Lord Bernie Ecclestone bless your Puritan soul! You'll definitely go to GPL Heaven when the big Chief Marshal shows you the black flag! ;) :D :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links