Ramoats

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 10 2021 - 08:43 AM

Struggling here a bit. In GPL Track Editor, I cannot figure out how to replace the name of a specific mip file referenced in a 3DO file with a new mip file. I inserted the new mip into the track dat file. It appears in the mip files tree in the editor. When I'm in the specific 3do file, looking at the Node Repository String it seems to be assigning the mip file "pole" I need to replace that with "pole2" .. When I select edit , the node editor shows a String Offset number which is the pointer to the specific mip file I guess. How or where are those pointer numbers assigned? If I could find that, I should just be able to enter the new pointer number for the new mip file and save the file .... Any help would be appreciated...

Attached Files

#2 Winin Turnone

Winin Turnone

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Sep 10 2021 - 01:21 PM

As you're writing it the .mip is not linked to the .3do yet, it's only stacked in the .dat file. It has to be added within the .3do file structure first, Then the offset is the position of the first letter of the linked .mip name in the strn list (in gpl editor, NTRS section has them into parenthesis).

#3 Ramoats

Ramoats

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted Sep 10 2021 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for replying.. I haven't changed anything yet as I'm unable to figure it out. The 3DO is already linked to the mip "pole" which seems to have a string offset number 52 associated with it. I am trying to associate it with the mip file "polegone" which is identical in size but transparent ... I'll go hunting in the NRTS section though... I renamed the replacement mip "polegon" and added it to the dat file to alleviate possible confusion.

This learning curve is very steep...

Attached Files

Edited by Ramoats, Sep 10 2021 - 02:40 PM.

#4 Ramoats

Ramoats

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted Sep 11 2021 - 11:38 AM

View PostWinin Turnone, on Sep 10 2021 - 01:21 PM, said:

As you're writing it the .mip is not linked to the .3do yet, it's only stacked in the .dat file. It has to be added within the .3do file structure first, Then the offset is the position of the first letter of the linked .mip name in the strn list (in gpl editor, NTRS section has them into parenthesis).

I don't understand this statement.... "Then the offset is the position of the first letter of the linked .mip name in the strn list (in gpl editor, NTRS section has them into parenthesis)."

Is it just a matter of right clicking on (52) File:pole and changing it to polegone then saving the file?

Attached Files

Edited by Ramoats, Sep 11 2021 - 11:38 AM.

#5 Ramoats

Ramoats

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted Sep 11 2021 - 12:08 PM

SUCCESS !!!! ..... It was Windows 10 compatibility with GPLeditor. I had to keep fiddling with compatibility settings....After trial and error, Once I changed the name of the mip file in the NTRS string and saved it.. the new file name appeared in the node repository string.. Then the editor kept crashing when I tried to save the dat file, so I saved just the 3do and manually inserted that into the Dat file with Datman .....

It only took 2 days of trial and error, questions, reading and researching on this forum and patience.... to eliminate one single unwanted flagpole.... Yeah.. editing and track making is kind of hard.... But GPL is worth it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links