Ernesto Mayer

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Races, races and races...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 08 2018 - 06:35 AM

Beginner question: Has anyone installed MOD Tasman 65 and had problems with MOD 65?
I tried installing Tasman 65 but realized that some files of MOD 65 would be replaced. I was afraid to damage the installation that I have, because I really like the MOD 65 and would not want to lose it. Thanks!

#152 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Jun 09 2018 - 09:27 AM

Ernesto,

View PostErnesto Mayer, on Jun 08 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Beginner question: Has anyone installed MOD Tasman 65 and had problems with MOD 65?
I tried installing Tasman 65 but realized that some files of MOD 65 would be replaced. I was afraid to damage the installation that I have, because I really like the MOD 65 and would not want to lose it. Thanks!

I had a quick look at the Tasman 65 install.  I can't see any files that would replace MOD 65 files, except maybe the Sound files.  Since it is a manual install (by just copying the files), you could just select "No" to overwriting files. Then your Mod 65 set up would be untouched.  If there were any "shared files" the Tasman install would use the Mod 65 file.  Tasman 65 should still work ok.

Alternatively you could have a separate install for each mod.  I don't do this so I'm no expert on how best to do it.

#153 Ernesto Mayer

Ernesto Mayer

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Races, races and races...

Posted Jun 10 2018 - 07:57 AM

OK, I'll try to install it without overwriting files and see what happens.
Thanks!!

Edit: I did the installation, initially without overwrite the files. Something went wrong. No stress now...
I got drunk with courage and reinstalled it, this time without overwrite the sound files. VoilĂ ! Everything working, on the Tasman 65 MOD and the original MOD 65 (which I really like). I took advantage of and installed the other Tasman MODs that I did not have before (I already had 64 installed and it's very pretty).
Thanks a lot for the help!!

Edited by Ernesto Mayer, Jun 10 2018 - 10:01 AM.

#154 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968

Posted Jun 17 2018 - 04:45 AM

Thank you Webfoot for those driver photos. Much appreciated. :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users