Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Apr 05 2009 - 04:10 PM

View Postunseen, on Apr 4 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

Hi Macduck.

Can you let us know if you`re seeing black windows in all of the 906`s, or just some of them, and could you also let us know what settings you are using? DX7, 8, or 9, as well as your graphics settings in the options screen.

All the 906's side windows are black from the cockpit view, and the windscreen as well only in the Smothers Bros.[3 pack addon.]
How can I check DX settings?  I downloaded and installed latest DX9 today from microsoft, can't be sure if it's running.  Video options are Full and realism High vehicle and Cockpit textures.  Thanks for your help

#22 unseen

unseen

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted Apr 05 2009 - 04:23 PM

View PostMacduck, on Apr 5 2009, 10:10 PM, said:

How can I check DX settings?

In the main folder of your P&G install, you`ll find a GTR2Config.exe. Run that, and it will show you what DX level you are running the game at. If it`s not already set to DX9, please set it to that, and try running the game again. You can always set it back to the way it was afterwards by using the GTR2Config.exe again.

Let us know if the black window problems are still there after running in DX9.

#23 pbearsailor

pbearsailor

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 125 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 05 2009 - 04:23 PM

From your P&G main folder, run GTR2Config.exe to setup your DX settings.

cheers,
steve  :wave:

#24 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Apr 05 2009 - 04:52 PM

View PostMacduck, on Apr 5 2009, 11:10 PM, said:

View Postunseen, on Apr 4 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

Hi Macduck.

Can you let us know if you`re seeing black windows in all of the 906`s, or just some of them, and could you also let us know what settings you are using? DX7, 8, or 9, as well as your graphics settings in the options screen.

All the 906's side windows are black from the cockpit view, and the windscreen as well only in the Smothers Bros.[3 pack addon.]
How can I check DX settings?  I downloaded and installed latest DX9 today from microsoft, can't be sure if it's running.  Video options are Full and realism High vehicle and Cockpit textures.  Thanks for your help

View Postpbearsailor, on Apr 5 2009, 11:23 PM, said:

From your P&G main folder, run GTR2Config.exe to setup your DX settings.

cheers,
steve  :wave:

I would follow Steve's suggestion...

Run the GTR2Config.EXE located in your P&G installation, and re-select the screen resolution of your choice in 32-bit (notice, do not select any in 16-bit!).
After that, and still in that screen/window, choose either DX8 or DX9 shader level (the latest is better quality undoubtfully, and the one used in P&G conception).

Posted Image

Once in game, and in the video-options of menu, get the "PLAYER VEHICLE DETAIL" at MAX settings.

...I suspect you're using the screen resolution with image rendering in 16-bit, that with sub-high settings in car detail can provoque similar issues.

:) ...just make sure of that in anycase.

Edited by DucFreak, Apr 05 2009 - 05:26 PM.

#25 Macduck

Macduck

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Apr 06 2009 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for your time.  I change the settings in GTR2 Config to 32 bit.  My shader dropdown only has auto, dx8 and dx7 listed.  DXDiag indicates that I'm running DX9.0c.  Same settings in GTR2 config in GTR2 folder.  Maybe reinstall Png? or maybe reinstall GTR2?  Thanks again.

#26 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Apr 06 2009 - 11:21 AM

View PostMacduck, on Apr 6 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

Thanks for your time.  I change the settings in GTR2 Config to 32 bit.  My shader dropdown only has auto, dx8 and dx7 listed.  DXDiag indicates that I'm running DX9.0c.  Same settings in GTR2 config in GTR2 folder.  Maybe reinstall Png? or maybe reinstall GTR2?  Thanks again.

DxDiag just recognizes what DirectX version is installed, not what your graphics-card support.

By your description, it may be an older DX8 graphics-card (causing issues with transparent textures... could it be an ATI?) and unable to support DX9, which is unfortunate because it's really a plus in the graphical side (once you seen it anyway!)... which graphics-card is it, btw?

For now, download the latest drivers for your graphics-card and install them (I suspect outdated ones might be the culprit), and once those are on (after rebooting PC, etc), once again select prefered resolution (in 32 bit) and DX8 shader level on the 3DConfig, but I suspect you'll be willing to get a newer card sometime soon...

Edited by DucFreak, Apr 06 2009 - 12:32 PM.

#27 Graag

Graag

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Sim Racing

Posted Apr 10 2009 - 01:48 PM

When viewing replays that are recorded with v2.0, PnG crashes to desktop. Replays load correctly (interior of car and track showing) but when I press play, the game crashes instantly.

I have:
Vista x64
Intel E6600
GF 8800 GTS
4GB RAM

Edited by Graag, Apr 10 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#28 aSa

aSa

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 252 posts

Posted Apr 10 2009 - 11:56 PM

Well, this won't help you much, but I have XP SP3 with admin powers and I haven't noticed such behaviour yet.  This problem may not be related to PnG but generally to the GTR2 engine itself.  There's probably something in your environment or game setup that will trigger that crash.

I have noticed that starting the GTR2 (=PnG) with the trace parameter (/trace=1000) will even *fix* some minor problems with the setup, so it might be worth trying if it will change anything in your case (but I'm not counting on it this time).  At least you'll get your trace.txt (hopefully) and it may show something that relates to the problem source.  Please post the log here for someone to check it if you are not familiar the structure of it.

#29 pbearsailor

pbearsailor

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 125 posts

Posted Apr 11 2009 - 07:31 AM

Graag, if I'm reading your post correctly, the problem is that replays recorded in P&G 2.0 won't now play in P&G 2.1.  If so, that's very likely because many of the cars in 2.0 have had changes made to them in 2.1.  Replay is looking for data that is no longer there.  :unsure:

cheers,
steve  :)

#30 xaotik

xaotik

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Apr 27 2009 - 12:45 AM

Some small things left and right:
- On-board rear-view cameras in some cars have clipped through the geometry and you can see the backside of rear lights - I think I noticed this first with Mustangs but it's not only relevant to those. Note that I'm playing on a 16:10 monitor, so that might be affecting the horizontal FOV that's autocalced by GTR2.
- Also, a totally game-breaking, immersion-killing and make-you-want-to-uninstall-the-everything bug: the text that describes the Fat Cats and Featherweights championship has the scoring wrong.

#31 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 03 2009 - 01:07 PM

My re-install is going well so far, but I'm missing some info.  In the TR4, the drivers legs go through the steering wheel.  There is a fix for this....somewhere.  I know it's a simple little thing, but I have been unable to find it.  TIA.

#32 Dartguy

Dartguy

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Jun 10 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hi Guys,

Firstly, this "mod" is incredible!!  

I found a small bug.  The #21 Mini 1275 in bonnet view, shows the sun shade in the middle of the screen.  I will attach a screen shot.

Thanks a million for all of your work!!

Attached Files

#33 Henry

Henry

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted Aug 25 2009 - 06:48 AM

Hi guys!

one small thing:

the steering wheel of the Alfas is flying

one bigger thing:

the brakes of the Cortina Works start to overheat under 400°. also they have a totally different behave as the Cortina Mann's one.

Edited by Henry, Aug 25 2009 - 06:56 AM.

#34 HR186S

HR186S

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted Aug 25 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hi Henry, welcome :)
Do you mean that the Alfa steering wheel is floating and not attached to anything?
The Lotus Cortina Works brakes is a known bug, which should be fixed for 3.0. The pressure is alot higher than the Mann Cortinas.

#35 Henry

Henry

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted Aug 25 2009 - 02:17 PM

View PostHR186S, on Aug 25 2009, 09:41 PM, said:

Hi Henry, welcome :)
Do you mean that the Alfa steering wheel is floating and not attached to anything?
The Lotus Cortina Works brakes is a known bug, which should be fixed for 3.0. The pressure is alot higher than the Mann Cortinas.
thx

yes.

#36 Mental Gear

Mental Gear

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted Nov 07 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hello

Two small things I noticed while taking screenshots:

Attached File  Cobra_arches.JPG   192.96K   17 downloads

A different value for BumpTravel could help.

Attached File  Jag_exhaust.JPG   127.69K   19 downloads

The exhaust holes are somehow solid.

PnG rules  :wave:

Edit 11.11:

Today I drove a race at Bathurst with the GT40 MkI and after a hard fight with the AI i won the race and found a bug in the screen one sees for winning:

It says in german: "Du bist unter die Erste"

It should say: "Du bist Erster" or " Du bist der Gewinner"

Edited by Mental Gear, Nov 11 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#37 JJManeschijn

JJManeschijn

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted Mar 08 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hello Guys,

I am running through the standard PnG championship at 33% time with full grid. After about 50 minutes of racing on certain tracks, some of the GT40's start falling over their own wheels (slipping and sliding all over the place), obviously due to excessive tire wear. At first I thought they don't do a pit stop because the race is almost finished, and they are several laps ahead of the rest of the field.

But yesterday I did an endurance race (length = 3 hours), and these poor GT40 AI drivers just refused to get fresh tires! :duh: As a result just about the entire GT40 force had to retire before the end of the race. I'm not complaining as it was the first time in this championship that my little Alfa and I almost made it to the podium  :yeah:

Has anyone else encountered this behavior, or could it be something on my specific setup that is messing with the AI?

Thanks

#38 FullMetalGasket

FullMetalGasket

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport (Duh!), Music, Trying to get my PC to work ;)

Posted Mar 28 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostJJManeschijn, on Mar 08 2010 - 12:40 AM, said:

Hello Guys,

I am running through the standard PnG championship at 33% time with full grid. After about 50 minutes of racing on certain tracks, some of the GT40's start falling over their own wheels (slipping and sliding all over the place), obviously due to excessive tire wear. At first I thought they don't do a pit stop because the race is almost finished, and they are several laps ahead of the rest of the field.

But yesterday I did an endurance race (length = 3 hours), and these poor GT40 AI drivers just refused to get fresh tires! :duh: As a result just about the entire GT40 force had to retire before the end of the race. I'm not complaining as it was the first time in this championship that my little Alfa and I almost made it to the podium  :yeah:

Has anyone else encountered this behavior, or could it be something on my specific setup that is messing with the AI?

Thanks

The AI do that for me too - vaguely remember the Pantera's doing it in GTL on the Enduro's too, so may just be a glitch in the gMotor engine  :idunno:
Various other cars will occaisionally go nuts too, occaisionally the 908 in my endurance cup tries it but normally not....

#39 unseen

unseen

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted Mar 29 2010 - 05:28 AM

There are always some weird quirks with the AI. Pretty much any game I`ve tried has something wrong with them, sometimes annoying, sometimes utterly terrible.

v2.1 of our little mod really didn`t have any AI work outside of the really basic stuff, so it`s basically running default gmotor AI. v3 has already had a lot of work put into the AI side of things, and should have a lot more before we`re finished with it, leading to, hopefully, much improved offline racing.

#40 JJManeschijn

JJManeschijn

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted Apr 01 2010 - 02:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. Still love and enjoy PnG, AI quirks and all!

"Our LITTLE mod"? Clearly a perception issue I see...  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links