Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 17 2020 - 06:47 AM

I wonder if any of these are possible?

1. Remove the rev limiter to allow the car to rev into oblivion. I was playing ICR2 recently and found it interesting that you could rev the car way beyond the rev limit, at which point the engine would blow. For GPL purposes, you could make it more detailed - 1000rpm over the limiter, it loses power, 2000rpm over it starts smoking heavily, 3000rpm over it blows up instantly, for example.

2. Inspired by more modern games. Activate the "hand on the gearstick" animation when the revs reach a certain level, rather than just when it changes gear. When using a real shifter with GPL, the stick moves in the game before the animated hand actually grabs it. (As a sidenote, I wonder if this animation could be incorporated into replays too?)

3. Lee's Tachometer patch was pretty neat, but as an idea for added realism - don't only update it every 0.6s, but also build in a delay. Real mechanical rev counters used to take a while to spin up to display the actual revs. Looking back at my 70s race car, the delay was probably around half a second or so and you could see it on the F1 car onboards from the mid-80s too.

Just some thoughts.

#2 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted Apr 17 2020 - 07:03 AM

I'm sorry to insist... but some patch to adjust the force of the draft...  B)

#3 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted Apr 22 2020 - 06:30 AM

non F10 patch for on line races

:tongue2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users