Jo Bonnier

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:GPL, football, F1, motorsports in general
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 14 2021 - 01:59 AM

Hey guys,

so I recently installed the Comodo Icedragon browser (because Chrome was too resource-demanding in general), and during the install I was also asked whether I want to install Comodo Cloud Antivirus. Thought to myself you know what, Avira is quite resource-damanding as well, so I might as well replace it and give the new antivirus software a try. Then right at the first GPL start I experienced small trouble because Comodo Cloud Antivirus has got a feature that runs .exe files in a specific mode, called "sandbox-mode", and GPL crashed instantly when it's started with that feature. So I deactivated that feature and everything runs fine now, with one exception: Every time I enter a race, the track takes an eternity to load; the bigger the track files, the bigger the time it takes. So I suppose that something slows the file loading/indexing. Now I could just look out for an alternative for my antivirus program, but it would be quite nice to stick with it because it's very light in terms of CPU usage. Does anyone know what might trigger that problem?

Best regards
Lasse

Edited by lalb2001, Jan 14 2021 - 02:00 AM.

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 14 2021 - 01:43 PM

You want to add any GPL related folders to the exclusion list for any virus checker so it doesn't bother with looking at them constantly.

See https://help.comodo....767-12116-.html

#3 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 14 2021 - 04:45 PM

Your AV scanner is set for real time scanning, so it scans all files as they are loaded;  this can be dozens, if not hundreds, of files for a large track.  (Sorry if this post is  an imposition.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links