• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#196 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 19 2018 - 06:15 AM

Well!  Some good news this morning.  I joined the server at about 14:00 CET via Multiplayer in-game using the IP address.  SOP.  No problem.  Then, without a glimmer of hope, I tried via VROC.  Success!  :)

Don't what settings were changed to allow this but I'm quite pleased at the development.  Looking good for a VROC hookup come this Thursday.

Thanks for your efforts on this, André.

#197 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Race start at the top of the clock?  ???  I went to log on 10 minutes past the hour expecting to practice and seems I've missed the boat.  Sigh...

#198 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Today, 02:02 PM

Hi JB

Sh*t yes I knew something was off with that. A few posts back I said that new starting time from the fall is 1900 CET and I suppose I should have written "as of right now" instead , sorry about that. Corrected it everywhere and thought I had covered all the bases but obviously I hadnt. My apologies.

Next race will be posted on the new forum , we will start a new practice server on a new track. Probably RA now that Olaf has that sorted out. Also on gplweekly and our league site.

Forum link

http://www.gpl1967.d...-Esports-League

#199 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted Today, 02:23 PM

Hi, KZ...  Yes, a pity to have missed the test race.  In future, it might be best to nominate a start time for server practice and include the actual race start as a separate notation.

I tested earlier offline and was mystified to find why my gear ratios were changing on their own.  ???  This had not occurred with Kyalami.  The set refused to accept my ratio nominations.  From setting them in the menu, simply dropping into pit lane then immediately returning to the menu two seconds later without doing a thing was enough to cause the glitch.  From what I set, changing to top gear was now actually a shorter ratio.  Revs to the Moon!  LOL!  I was on the server a couple of hours earlier with Pelle and while my connection via VROC was good, the gear thingie was still occurring.  Was this not mentioned as a weird problem in an earlier post?

#200 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Today, 02:34 PM

We will advertise it clearly in the future.

Yes this gear issue was mentioned and if I remember correctly it had something to do with race set up and current set up. If the race set up is set to default or something like that. Not sure but Olaf knows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links