Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostSaiph, on Oct 07 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Ginetto, thanks for posting that clip, it's very interesting! I had a little look around at other clips which linked from that one, and found something a little bit spectacular. I hope I don't do THIS:  at Road Atlanta! :jaw-dropping:

Scary track isn't it. In one of the last years of the IMSA Group C era the Nissan team lost both their cars due to massive shunts there.

Has someone managed to flip a CanAm car in GPL yet?

Edited by Michkov, Oct 07 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#17 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 02:26 PM

Workin' on it......!!!  :yikesss:

#18 Waylon

Waylon

Jo Siffert

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 03:35 PM

I assume that it is generally known but I never see it mentioned that the GPL track doesn't reflect the tremendous down hill and return uphill to the bridge in the area shown as turns 9, 10 and 11 in the diagram of post #7, it must have been a 50Ft elevation change that must have taken thousands of yards to fill to come up with the GPL state of the track. That canyon for lack of a better description existed in the 1970s, early 80s and I assume it was originally built that way. You came over the crest of the hill on the straight at what seemed top speed only to dive down an extremely steep hill then the suspension flattened as you rose up the hill and made the right hand turn under the bridge as the car got extremely light and made negotiating under the bridge very tricky and intimidating. The track as it stands in the GPL version is a real pussycat compaired to the earlier version.  This obviously would be another factor which would make a difference in the track length.

Waylon

#19 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 08:19 AM

How do you submit rank times for CanAm?  GPLRA doesn't work with CanAm and when I tried to use the plCA71.ini, it brought up my 67F2 times.  I've always used GPLRA for submitting times before, so I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to do to get my CanAm times into Rank.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Dave

#20 Andy Clegg

Andy Clegg

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Long distance sports car racing. Touring cars.

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi Dave, I've been uploading from pl71ca and so far that's been fine.

#21 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thank you, Andy, for the confirmation of what I suspected, that something screwy is going with my player ini files.  After my earlier post, I brought up my F2 ini file and it brings up times for 67 F1.  I may have to go ask about this in the help section.  

Dave

#22 JacnGille

JacnGille

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostWaylon, on Oct 07 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I assume that it is generally known but I never see it mentioned that the GPL track doesn't reflect the tremendous down hill and return uphill to the bridge in the area shown as turns 9, 10 and 11 in the diagram of post #7, it must have been a 50Ft elevation change that must have taken thousands of yards to fill to come up with the GPL state of the track. That canyon for lack of a better description existed in the 1970s, early 80s and I assume it was originally built that way. You came over the crest of the hill on the straight at what seemed top speed only to dive down an extremely steep hill then the suspension flattened as you rose up the hill and made the right hand turn under the bridge as the car got extremely light and made negotiating under the bridge very tricky and intimidating. The track as it stands in the GPL version is a real pussycat compaired to the earlier version.  This obviously would be another factor which would make a difference in the track length.

Waylon
Good description! I live 30 minutes from there and at one time never missed a race of any kind for about 10 years. And, I was there for the first Can Am in '70.

#23 Mark Uribe

Mark Uribe

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 03:02 PM

Just had a couple of questions about the Can Am rank. :think:

Is the Road Atlanta time going to be fixed?

When the new Road Am, Road Atl and Watkins Glen 71 get released will they replace the current ones? I mean they are likely going to be far more accurate, right? Just curious about what's going to happen as I don't really want to spent a bunch of time at tracks that are going to be replaced, ya know?

Thanks in advance for any insight/info. :hat-tip:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links