• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 24 2014 - 07:36 PM

Need some advice please!
Installed new spa and experimented with three different track folders,High,Standard and low.Low folder I tried just low textures,then just low 3do's then both together.In each  of the latter I get the same 12fps in pits and 15fps out on track.Doesn't seem to affect my driving with no freeze ups or slow downs?I am monitoring fps with Alt+F and my in game Razer Game booster programme.
When I go to other tracks in the gpl 67 I get exactly the same fps(12-15) but going to other mods(65,66,f2,gt,canam) I get 36fps.Could it be to do with my original gpl install with installer and high res options.I am not sure what I ticked regarding cockpits,cars and wheels.Think I am right in saying there is an option for the latter?Correct me if I'm wrong.Because I'm thinking this is the problem?If it is the problem will it be  reinstall of gpl or can I avoid that with a little botching!
My gpl install is all in one folder c\sierra\gpl with all mods in that folder and seperate driver names in gem.I run opengl v2 rasts and have lowered in gem the detail from 100 to 99.
My pc is windows 8.1 64 bit with 1.5 ghz processor,8gb memory,directx11 and Amd Radeon hd 8330 graphics.

TP :hat-tip:

Edit: Forgot one more thing.Tried to move out old spa from 65,66 mod ini in gem and put in new spa.When I go to gpl it is still old track.Back in gem in the 65,66 inis it states track not installed.Also in 67 season ini in gem I took out old spa but I haven't deleted old spa folder from gpl.Should I delete old spa from gpl?

Thanks all and seasons greetings to all :Ssanta:

Edited by twinpotter, Dec 24 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#92 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,328 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Dec 24 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ok managed to boot out old 67 and got new Spa in 65,66 mods.
Now with new Spa in 65,66 I gave it a blast(nice in 65's) As follows:-

High res files= Pits=18fps & Out on track= late 20's/to early 30's fps
Low res files(with texts&3do's) = Pits=25fps & Out on track=  30+(34-36) fps

But still in my gpl 67 along with other pappy tracks= 15ps? Help!

TP: :snow:

#93 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Dec 24 2014 - 10:22 PM

Excellent! Very nice work! Thank you guys.

I'm another that doesn't quite have the machine to run it well. It was very kind of you guys to take the time to give us the lo-res textures and lite 3dos. No way my machine will run this track 60fps. I get a steady 36fps everywhere but the pit area. I should be able to take a cleaver to the draw distances in that area so I can race it online.

The low-res textures look great! I can only imagine how nice it must be with standard or high-res textures.

Merry Christmas and thank you again!

#94 The Pegger

The Pegger

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted Dec 24 2014 - 11:25 PM

I too am loving this beauty. Thank you to the team! One little error no one's mentioned. Guy Ligier has the wrong helmet and drives a Cooper at Spa. I can change the team number easily, but what should his helmet number be?

#95 westracing01

westracing01

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Racing, off-roading, history

Posted Dec 24 2014 - 11:44 PM

^ Are you using the updated Spa carset and AI? According to racing reference, Ligier finished 10th in the #32 Cooper Maserati.

When I built my new rig last winter this track was the reason. I wanted to be able to play my favorite game of all time with everything turned up with impunity. I thought this track might push the limits but I can run the standard version at 1440x900 (max of my monitor) with 36FPS across the board everywhere. Only issue is it crashed in training mode at this resolution but that resolution is also not one that comes up in GEM+ so I turned it back down to 1280x1024 and ran training mode and a qualifying session for a race weekend and no issues. Slight studder at random points in the lap but nothing to get in a twist over. Need more monitor to turn up the resolution.

DLogan - Play with the GeForce Settings. I have a GTX660 2MB, 3.4GHZ quad-core, 8GB, liquid cooled and it's running the standard version without issue. You should have enough HP in your rig to get the standard version to play smooth.

To the developers... My God. So awesome. The run from L'Eau Rouge up to Les Combes is so fast and flowing and the blast down through Malmedy on the way to Masta is just wonderful. Blanchimont is a whole different animal now. The lap time is slower than the Papy version but it FEELS so much faster. Like you're about to fire the car off the road at any moment, hanging the backend out at 170+ over the bump on the exit of the Masta kink and running right up to and on the very edge of the track to extract the maximum. Such a great Christmas present you've given all of us. Thank you so much.

So what's everyone's fast time so far? I got it down to 3:24.02 but I left some on the table. Feel like I can get it into the low 3:23's. I know the real fast guys are probably going to get into the 3:21's or maybe even break into the 3:19's or lower... :fark:

Edited by westracing01, Dec 25 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#96 TomJ

TomJ

ADC Director

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:All forms of racing

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 12:00 AM

Thank you very much to everyone involved in making this fantastic track. For anyone interested, the ADC will be racing this track for our first races of the new year. The races will be 02 Jan, and will probably consist of one heat in the 67 F2 followed by a heat in the 67 orig and finishing the night in the 67 GT's.

#97 Catalysis

Catalysis

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 12:17 AM

OK to those of you having trouble running this stunning track in high res textures, I may have a workaround if you have a 64 bit OS and a decent modern rig.

In my own case, I have a reasonably high end PC running a 4770K @4.4ghz, 16MB ram profiled @1866mhz and a GTX970. I could get Spa67 to run at full frames with the Open GL V2 rasterizer without any worries, but a different story for the Direct 3D V2 rasterizer, which I would certainly consider to be the superior option - all I got was the "Cannot initialize the replay system, cancelling weekend" track loading message.

So what to do? Well, having just reinstalled rFactor to run the stellar new GTPC mod, I had applied the NT Core 4GB patch to rfactor.exe to give the sim some more memory bandwidth to cope with 50+ cars on track in full high res textures with this mod. I therefore wondered if this might also work for High Res D3DV2 Spa67 and indeed it does!: -

Download the patch here - http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Read the instructions, which are basically to install the 4gb_patch.exe file in your root GPL folder, i.e. /Sierra/GPL and apply the patch to your gpl.exe file.

Read the instructions, which are basically to install the 4gb_patch.exe file in your root GPL folder, i.e. /Sierra/GPL and apply the patch to your gpl.exe file. All things being equal, it should work if you have enough computer horsepower and memory - Please note that after some further experimentation and kind suggestions from other forum members, it appears that once gpl.exe has been patched that all GEM generated .exe files will also work, so you can swap mods and individual cars as you wish.  

Obviously your mileage may vary with this, particularly if you have an older rig, but it does seem that, in D3DV2 and with high res textures at least, this fabulous track is using a lot of memory and here's a way of avoiding that annoying message and having to use the, in my view inferior, Open GL version.

Important: You will need to reapply the patch to the specific GEM generated carset .exe if you change cars at any stage.
My thanks again to the Spa67 team. This is by far and away the best track ever in GPL. An incredible achievement. :thankyou:

Edited by Catalysis, Dec 29 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#98 Mark Uribe

Mark Uribe

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 12:55 AM

Spa was my favorite of the original tracks and to see it like this is just amazing. :woot:
What more can be said, other than it is truly a masterpiece. :painting:   One of the best ever, imho. Incredible detail everywhere! Great work! Bravo!

Much appreciation and a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved. :notworthy:  

:thanks:   and :xmas:

#99 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

Denny Hulme

• 862 posts

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 01:27 AM

An absolutely outstanding track. I will have to learn the meaning of "Spa" all over again ;)

#100 The Pegger

The Pegger

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 01:49 AM

View Postwestracing01, on Dec 24 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

^ Are you using the updated Spa carset and AI? According to racing reference, Ligier finished 10th in the #32 Cooper Maserati.

No but those do look amazing now that I installed them.

I was talking about the default cars67 carset (Gurney #9 etc) All other cars show up ok with helmets except for Ligier. Even if I change his team to Brabham he has a no number green skin and generic helmet.

#101 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 02:10 AM

Thank you to the Spa67 team for this awesome piece of art! Congratulations!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Merry Christmas to all at SRMZ. There could not have been a better Christmas present!

:Seasons_greetingsA:

Edited by G.Spinning, Dec 25 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#102 Andy Clegg

Andy Clegg

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Long distance sports car racing. Touring cars.

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 02:22 AM

Thank you for all the time etc you have spent on this track. Great Christmas present.

#103 bob williams

bob williams

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Simracing
    Cycling
    Legos
    RC

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 02:47 AM

Epic.. awesome.. suberb! Thanks so much to all involved! :bravo:

#104 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 03:04 AM

Thx to the Spa67 team for this great track and teamwork!

Merry xmas to you all.

#105 MLGathome

MLGathome

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:simracing

Posted Dec 25 2014 - 03:53 AM

Best Christmas surprise ever!!

Thank you Spa67 team for this great track.

Merry Cristmas and a Happy New Year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links