How to make a track?
Posted Jun 06 2017 - 03:51 PM
EDIT: when I put some lines in the set file, this message disapears and goes to another error message, Access violation at address 00420457... Read of address 00000008
Now I'll continue working in the track files.
2nd EDIT: it was a simple error, walls out of the limits of traces
Edited by quico, Jun 07 2017 - 11:06 AM.
Posted Jul 01 2017 - 04:36 AM
Posted Jul 02 2017 - 03:08 AM
You can invert the plane by changing the vertices sequence from clockwise to counterclockwise and then fix the plane in GPLeditor but if the polys are a lot then is a really boring job.
Posted Jul 02 2017 - 04:22 AM
As 123do can work with square polys, the amount of polys could be almost the midle but there is already a lot of work. Exporting a txt file of the objects from 3DSimED to 123do doesn't help as they are in triangles...
The vertices are correctly sequenced both in 3se and in 3do, when exported to 3do, only the normals change and that polys can't be seen in gpl. The changed normals are many in the double sided polys, and few of other polys. In the new 3DSimED, normals are asigned to vertices not to polys, I think is there where it get messed.
I'm still waiting for Dave Noonan answer.
Edited by quico, Jul 02 2017 - 04:27 AM.
Posted Jul 03 2017 - 04:13 AM
The tower I don't know but usually if 3dsimed says 200 polys, you can usually made the same object with 50 or 60 polys.
I will just measure the first vertices ( of the first part) then make it without using the whole old structure.
Posted Jul 04 2017 - 08:40 AM
In my "big" PC, after install when I try to start it, I get this: 123do.png 77.66K 9 downloads and after clik <Aceptar> the program hangs.
Both in Windows 7
I have read the 123do thread... http://gplr.srmz.net...?showtopic=3749 but no way. I'll keep trying
Edited by quico, Jul 04 2017 - 09:15 AM.
Posted Jul 07 2017 - 12:15 PM
Posted Jul 21 2017 - 01:17 PM
I'm getting almost the same number of polys with ASE that the 3se have. In some cases, the same! (remember actually 3DsimED only works with 3 vertex polys, as ase23do does)
This means that there are no split polys in objects. Finished objects in 3do are really optimiced.
polistorre.png 69.35K 9 downloads polisbox2.png 67.79K 11 downloads
As I think these are good news, in a few days I'll explain a couple of things to be avoided buildings objects.
Edited by quico, Jul 21 2017 - 02:17 PM.
Posted Jul 23 2017 - 11:38 AM
I'm working with 3DSimED 3.1g but it's possible that older versions works the same when exporting through ase.
These are things that made that ase23do split polys apparently without control in my objects, Jarama boxes and Jarama tower.
First the numbers in the boxes, that were 5cm inside the ceiling of the box outside. When I lower the numbers just to the high of the ceiling, many splits disappeared.
boxnum_00.png 179.38K 5 downloads boxnum_01.png 186.34K 6 downloads boxnum_02.png 187.35K 9 downloads
The other problem I had, were the wooden top of the low wall in the front of the boxes.
I putted simply a square face (2 polys) but the wall dividing boxes left a little part of the wooden cover hidden so split polys appears
boxmuro_000.png 156.92K 10 downloads boxmuro_001.png 167.83K 11 downloads
I had to make the wooden cover surrounding the vertical wall so that no part of the faces was hidden.
boxmuro_002.png 226.45K 10 downloads boxmuro_003.png 216.04K 8 downloads boxmuro_004.png 224.7K 8 downloads
When I started doing this, the 3se object was 382 polys, that became 550 when exported to 3do through ase.
When I corrected the boxes, 44 polys were added as each cover have 6 polys instead of 2, so the 3se object have finally 426 polys.
But it happened that no split polys were generated when converted to 3do, so the final object has also 426 polys. (This is my first zero!!)
Different problems with the tower, that began with almost 700 polys when converted. Finally I have 236 polys in the 3do object while the 3se is 222. Is the best I could do but I'm really happy with that.
The Seat adevrtisement was the first thing. I saw vertical lines that began where the Seat polys crossed with the lines of the cube bellow the Seat faces. The cube initially had not upside cover. Then I tried to close the open cube and... It worked! The split polys of the Seat faces disappeared.
torreseat1.png 312.82K 8 downloads torreseat2.png 89.65K 5 downloads torreseat3.png 21.84K 3 downloads
torreseat4.png 261.82K 4 downloads torreseat5.png 68.31K 5 downloads
The vertical structures of the tower, were initially the complete high till the top crystal box. That was other source of spliting polys, so I had to divide the structures in two parts as the platform below the crystal box is 20cm thick and ase23do doesn't liked that.
torre.png 138.59K 5 downloads torre2.png 344.22K 5 downloads
The thin vertical structure still had two points to solve. Upside it penetrated in the crystal box and in the bottom penetrated in the entrance ramp.
torre1__.png 179.94K 5 downloads torre1_.png 246.07K 2 downloads
torre4.png 268.03K 3 downloads
One thing that I were difficult to find was the platform fences but it was my fault.
I putted the fences outside the platforms and all was OK. But when I made reverse faces of them to have the inside fences, the bottom of the interior fences were hidden, as all the platforms are 20cm thick.
torrebarandilla1.png 356.22K 3 downloads
All of this can give you an idea of how to avoid spliting with the 3DSimED working with the ase23do. Possibly the latest versions of 3DSimED from the 3.1g could do the 3do directly, but with large objects I always find problems, although with simple objects it works fine.
Hope this can be useful for people like me that find classic editors so difficult -or impossible- to use.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users