• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 17 2017 - 08:51 AM

I have GPL, installed on my 10" Windows 10 tablet. I installed it like I have done before, on my other machines with the Installer. It is a base/standard GPL 67. Along with GEM.

I have had this installed for over a year? with no issues and everything working fine. Yesterday though, I went into the game and found that some of the tracks graphics were seemingly corrupted.

At Monaco (Rocks) while sat in the car and pit lane, If I look up to the sky, it is all black, with broken parts and what seems to be be double mirror images of trees. I haven't checked all the tracks, but at Monza also, down the start/finish straight, the buildings, horizon and fencing, have gone missing, as if it is on a low resolution or textures ?

I have made no changes or add on's to GPL and kept it base standard.

But there as been, outside, third party changes, that I feel could be the cause ? Specifically, I had a recent auto Windows 10 update. I also went to (why ? ) properties/compatibility on the game exe (right click mouse) and ticked ' Disable High DPI Setting' and run as administrator. Maybe I have corrupted something there, or Windows update is the culprit ? Maybe my graphics card(base Intel) as been updated, without my knowing. All other games are fine though ?

I may have to re-install the game from base camp, but wondered if I could find a quick fix, to avoid that ?

So far I rebuilt the gplc exe through GEM, changed rasterizers from my present Direct 3d v2 to open gl v2 and replaced the Monaco track, from a base directory, that I have, from my external hard-drive and old GPL saves. With no joy in a repair to my issues. I haven't tried changing the game resolution, which is only 1024x768. I could lower it or higher it, to experiment. Or maybe replace the whole present directory, with the one, from my external HD ?

Any ideas/help would be great. :think:

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Mar 17 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#2 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Mar 17 2017 - 06:34 PM

Hello T.P.  I recently had a similar problem with the original 67s and it was a simple fix . I unchecked the "patch carset for car sound" in GEM. All is fine now. I hope this helps.

#3 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Mar 18 2017 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Marco for the idea !
Unfortunately I don't have that option ticked. So it can't be that.

Back to the drawing board, I'm afraid. I will try a few more ideas and then re-install,if no joy.

Thanks again !

TP 😃

Edited by twinpotter, Mar 18 2017 - 11:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links